250 se fresh water pump operating but filter seems plugged how to replace, questions

ciscokidd

Petty Officer 2nd Class
We are out on the hook here in BC and my water tank is full. pump seems to be operating but no fresh water coming through at taps, stream starts but then basically tapers off to nothing. I am assuming filter screen may have blockage.

How does one remove the filter to replace /check, if I remove remove the clear globe/filter I am guessing water in bilge and my fresh water tank is basically full at moment? I am looking to see if here is a master shut off? If there is no master shut off how can I remove water to replace Looking for any feedback, have a 5 night trip coming up so need to sort out. Suggestions welcomed

Last edited:

bannister

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Between the tank pipe and the pump, ON the pump, is the filter.
Twist the hose side anti clockwise and it will split in half. In there, is a mess filter. Clean it with fresh water and you are good to go.
Have someone put a finger to stop the water from the tank.
If your pump has a bell, then it might need some pressure added for the pump to work......

ciscokidd

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I plan to try to split the filter case tomorrow , just need to figure out a way I can plug the line once I have it separated or I though about siphoning out the water via the top removable threaded cap. At same time I will add some sanitizer to the water and flush it a few times. I have attached 2 pics of pump and filter in line. Now does the aerator ever go and require replacing. If the cleaning of filter if there is sediment in it does not work, next step will be to take apart the pump, clean, replace and try again

Attachments

• IMAG0296.jpg
    IMAG0296.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 0
  • IMAG0288.jpg
    IMAG0288.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 0

ciscokidd

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Filter was/is issue tank had lots of gunk in it and I am almost though completely cleaning rinsing it and cleansing it.