2000 Doral 216 Platinum Cuddy

rock doc

Petty Officer 1st Class
Just wondering if anybody has experience with this boat or knows where I can find additional information on this model. We are considering purchasing this boat but have no idea of the appropriate price range . There are approximately 100 hours showing on the meter and it is the original engine. It is the carbureted 350 version with an alpha-1 drive. The boat appears to be in above average shape based on the pictures that were sent to me. It has never been used in salt water either. He has stored it using shrink-wrap during the winter.

It looks like the perfect boat for our family of four. We enjoy recreational water sports and I am hoping that this boat will have no trouble towing a water skier or a wakeboard. We currently have a 21 foot Larson with a 4.3 L and find it is slightly underpowered when we have more than three people in the boat for water sports. This boat looks like a very nice upgrade.

Any advice or information would be very much appreciated.

Last edited:

rock doc

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 2000 Doral 216 Platinum Cuddy

We plan to travel down to look at it this coming weekend. If anyone has any advice or pointers to offer regarding this boat please let us know. It is looking like it may be the boat for us...hopefully it is worth the $$ and time.

gaugeman

Seaman Apprentice

I had a 190 with the 4.3. It was under powered. I also will never have a carb on my boat again. I will always go fuel injection. Just more reliable IMHO.

rock doc

Petty Officer 1st Class

I had a 190 with the 4.3. It was under powered. I also will never have a carb on my boat again. I will always go fuel injection. Just more reliable IMHO.

Thanks for your input gaugeman. I also prefer multiport fuel injection, but I must say I have fortunate with my 2 barrel carb on my rebuilt 4.3l merc. It took a while to get it set up but is has been flawless for 3 years now. From what I understand the multiport system is much more fuel efficient and reliable. I am guessing there is very little advantage to the throttle body FI, but again I have no experience with them.

gaugeman

Seaman Apprentice

I now have 5.7 with throttle body injection. NEVER had an issue from day one. Bought my 250SE new in 2001

rock doc

Petty Officer 1st Class

Does anyone have any further thoughts on this boat. I will be travelling down to see it the weekend. I still have not been able to find any specifications or reviews on the the boat. I have included a picture. 2000 Doral 216.JPG