Fuel Filter 1990 Prestancia

CHIEF915

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Good Morning Folks,

Looking to see if anyone knows of a different filter than the small filter on the engine. Seems there should be a bigger fuel water seperator from the tanks, but I can't seem to find them.

goose25

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Fuel Filter 1990 Prestancia

you should have one water seperator for both tanks. Its a clear jar about the size of a soup can. mine is located inline on the wall between aft cabin and the engine bay. let me know and i will take a pic if needed

CHIEF915

Petty Officer 2nd Class

you should have one water seperator for both tanks. Its a clear jar about the size of a soup can. mine is located inline on the wall between aft cabin and the engine bay. let me know and i will take a pic if needed

A pic would be great. I looked and looked again yesterday and found nothing. Thanks.

Jlee815

Seaman Apprentice

A pic would be great. I looked and looked again yesterday and found nothing. Thanks.

Hello,
I too am not aware of this filter. I had some larger fuel water seperators added to each engine. I wonder if the soup can size ones were add ons too? I am aware of the filters right before the carbs but nothing from the tanks which is why I added some....

p903pgc

Recruit
I'm new to posting so you may have your answer already. Depends on the type of engine, I guess. I have Merc 5.7 with fuel-water separator on right side of engine (looks like and same size as an oil filter) and one small fuel filter in the carburator (Rochester 4 barrel carburator). Don't know about and never seen any other fuel filter. Hope this helps !

dssking

Recruit
Yes, please post a pic.........I have 4.3's in my 89 Prestancia......Much appreciated.

Jlee815

Seaman Apprentice
Here is a pic of my fuel filters/actually fuel water seperators which were an add on/after market---