2000 Doral 230 BR

JLK62

Cadet
Hi fellow Doral owners,

The wife and I just purchased a 2000 230 BR with a 5.7l mercruiser & bravo III. She (the Doral) runs great for her age and has a very smooth ride, lots of room too. Our previous boat was a '78 Galaxy 190 that would get airborne in a 4" chop - what a difference! We are in Atlanta GA weekdays, but the boat resides near Hartwell GA on Lake Hartwell at our weekend place.

I've read some older threads about the pending resurrection of Doral. Do you think I might have a shot at getting an owner's manual sometime in the future? Not a big deal if it never happens, it would be nice to have though. I still need to figure out fresh water system & the lake water head w/ holding tank.

Thx
JLK

Toddman54

Recruit
Re: 2000 Doral 230 BR

Hi fellow Doral owners,

The wife and I just purchased a 2000 230 BR with a 5.7l mercruiser & bravo III. She (the Doral) runs great for her age and has a very smooth ride, lots of room too. Our previous boat was a '78 Galaxy 190 that would get airborne in a 4" chop - what a difference! We are in Atlanta GA weekdays, but the boat resides near Hartwell GA on Lake Hartwell at our weekend place.

I've read some older threads about the pending resurrection of Doral. Do you think I might have a shot at getting an owner's manual sometime in the future? Not a big deal if it never happens, it would be nice to have though. I still need to figure out fresh water system & the lake water head w/ holding tank.

Thx
JLK

JLK,

I just bought a '98 Doral 230 CC with the same engine and outdrive....was looking for a manual too. Did you have any luck finding one? Funny enough, we're in Atlanta as well.....and my last boat was a '77 Galaxy! Small world...:)

JLK62

Cadet
Re: 2000 Doral 230 BR

Hey neighbor,

No I never found a Doral manual, but Singleton Marine did get me a Mercruiser service manual. They have them here for $25 in the sales section too. I hope you enjoy your 230CC as much as I've been enjoying my 230BR. It's a really smooth riding hull and fast.