Looking to buy a 1996 Doral 270SC

Damian84

Recruit
Hello,

I'm very new to the boating world and I'm looking for my first boat. Nothing special just a cruiser with enough room for a family of 4. 2 younger kids. We figured a 26-30 ft boat is great for us to start out and decided that we really liked the room the doral/maxum have. The layout suits us best as we wouldn't have to put the table down every night to put the kids to bed. We have found a nice 1996 doral 270sc that has the layout we want. My question is I know doral went out of business for awhile and I'm alittle concerned about replacement parts and information on the boat. I've scoured google and I'm not getting a lot for the year and model. Then I found this site. Is there any big issues or any information I should know befor I purchase this boat? it comes with standard features and the 5.7 Volvo with sx outdrive.

Thanks for any help,

Re: Looking to buy a 1996 Doral 270SC

Unsure if you went forward or not on the purchase, but my 2 cents is Doral made very good boats. The equipment on them came from other manufactures so just because they are not around (may be back in business now) doesn't mean a whole lot to me. The only issue is sometimes figuring out who made the product if you want the exact one to replace it. Even this isn't difficult with a little time on the net or this site.

Damian84

Recruit

I am waiting for the boat to come out of storage in May to be able to go have a look. Its good to know parts are available. Doral made good boats for sure. Thanks for the reply and I really can't wait to see in once this brutal winter opens up.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Doral are a good solid and well made boat in that era. Good luck with it.