Help finding Doral 250SE anchor rollers 2.5" x 2.5" diameter x 5/8" ID of SS sleeve

ciscokidd

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Help finding Doral 250SE anchor rollers 2.5" x 2.5" diameter x 5/8" ID of SS sleeve

I am looking for 2 replacement anchor rollers for my 2000 250SE, the dimensions are 2.5" width x 2.5" diameter x 5/8" which is diameter of the inner stainless steel sleeve.

I have tried my local marine shop, no luck, the size is an odd one so I want to try a bit longer before I stick the worn out ones back on while I mod the closest size I can find to the originals.

I am assuming others have replaced?! help por favor!

gaugeman

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Help finding Doral 250SE anchor rollers 2.5" x 2.5" diameter x 5/8" ID of SS slee

Re: Help finding Doral 250SE anchor rollers 2.5" x 2.5" diameter x 5/8" ID of SS slee

I need to replace mine too. I am contemplating just having some made. Not sure how much that will cost, though....

ciscokidd

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I need to replace mine too. I am contemplating just having some made. Not sure how much that will cost, though....

I have had a reply from a shop that knows the nylon roller I am referring to. I am awaiting a reply to see if they can provide, otherwise will buy the closest pair in size and modify myself , getting some place to make them would be too costly imho

bannister

Petty Officer 2nd Class

last summer I had the same problem.
bought one big piece of really hard teflon bar, took it to the local machine shop with a sample and the guy made me 4 new ones that work like a charm.
was cheap too.

ciscokidd

Petty Officer 2nd Class

last summer I had the same problem.
bought one big piece of really hard teflon bar, took it to the local machine shop with a sample and the guy made me 4 new ones that work like a charm.
was cheap too.

I bet it was cheaper than my option, I actually found the originals supplied to me via powermarine in UK, they are being shipped, however it was not cheap but I imagine I will replace these once in the time I own the boat, cost was 150 shipped, but they are the exact replacements.

The nylon replacements I was finding online were all in the 60-70 range to begin with and they awere not exact matches to the originals.