New to Doral & this forum

CaptainQuest

Cadet
Hello everyone, just joined this forum & wanted to introduce myself. Last owned an 89 Sea Ray 340 EC & just purchased a 2005 Doral 360 Boca Grande, it arrived here in Hamilton Harbour (Ontario) by tractor trailer from New haven CT 2 weeks ago & went straight into indoor storage. its the most beautiful boat in its class with some awesome features & personally it blows away equivalent size Sea Rays for fit & finish, styling & everything else including price point

So I went looking for a forum & found this place. Will look forward to exchanging questions (I have many), answers & comments in the future with many of you I'm sure

We slip in bronte outer harbour in Oakville ontario. Would love to hear if any of you that own Dorals are in the area

Thank you & regards to all

TeamPCBeach

Seaman
Re: New to Doral & this forum

Welcome. You will find this forum is not very active, especially in the winter due to all you Canadian Doral owners being snowed/iced in. There are a few of us with Doral's in Florida, but we don't want to brag so we try not to post about our boating trips in January. :)

Captain Quest, Welcome to the Doral forum. Bet your anxious to get her wet. and your right, fit - finish for price point is awesome.

Welcome. You will find this forum is not very active, especially in the winter due to all you Canadian Doral owners being snowed/iced in. There are a few of us with Doral's in Florida, but we don't want to brag so we try not to post about our boating trips in January. :)

Hey TPCB, on behalf of the Canadian Doral owners, we do appreciate your consideration and modesty but live vicariously thru you and your fellow Floridian posters. So don't hold back on the bragging!
Where about are you in FL?

TeamPCBeach

Seaman

We are in the Panhandle on the Gulf of Mexico. Water temperature and air temperature about the same this weekend 66F. Can make for a little bit of a cool ride, but we have full wrap around camper canvas so it is not too bad.

CaptainQuest

Cadet

Thank you both TPCB & Halifax. Yes dying to launch but one bonus...have had access to it all winter as its indoors & its been a great opportunity to fix all those little niggley items plus some larger ones e.g. strip & bottom paint, a few canvas issues, new dash panels plus some window dogs & seals & a few smaller other things. When it hits the water the intention is for it to be like the day it came out of the factory

TeamPC you are right about this forum being inactive as having owned a Sea Ray previously & belonging to club sea ray, well that forum just rocks with many postings & rapid eager participation from its members. I have to admit it was mildly deflating to observe the lack of activity here, on the plus side I've managed to find some excellent sources & connections for parts & information

Would be interesting to know the percentage of Sea Ray owners compared to Doral owners. Have a feeling that answer may be the clue to lesser activity here

Kind regards to both of you

CQ

Welcome CQ and congrats on Boca Grande!
i try to do my part for this forum but yeah, not much activity here.

Post some photos!

gaugeman

Seaman Apprentice

I frequently put my boat in at Bronte harbour (250se that I trailer). Makes for a nice day trip to Toronto for dinner and a leisurely night cruise back.

stupe

Recruit

I bought an 07' Boca Grande last year. Pulled both motors, went through the whole thing. I might be able to answer some questions.