Doral still alive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

capncrab

Recruit
Re: Doral still alive?

Good news indeed.........
So happy Doral didn't end up to Brunswick group......

I live in Michigan and bought a 2000' 300SE last spring. I found out this fall that one of the engines needs to be removed. Does anyone know of a former Doral dealer that is still open that may have done this work before? The engines are not really accessible for removal through the access hatch to the engine room and I'm trying to find out if someone has a device that could be used or duplicated to allow lifting of the engine.

jhawk123

Cadet

I just called the link given.

Yes Doral is back in business. The owner of the Marina in the link is the new owner of Doral. They have just started up and parts will not be available for at least another month.

So, good news!

Thanks for this good news. I hope they can be successful and keep the quality that Doral has been noted for.

shortonvt

Cadet

I took a look at where Pointe Aux Anglais was located, and holy out-of-the-way batman! They're practically at the mouth of the St. Lawrence! All I can think is that they're business plan has a huge European export effort, since they're probably 400 miles east of grand mere, the old location. But don't misinterpret my comment, despite they're remote location, I am very very happy they've been reincarnated. Now let's hope they can improve on the already superior product with a superior parts and support experience as well!

CaptainQuest

Cadet

Power marine in the UK is a Doral dealer & has parts. Called them today, the parts guy there Simon Baker was extremely accomodating & knows the boats very well

The number there is +44 (0)1752 895277 Calling from Canada you dial it this way.....01144 1752 895277 omitting the zero before the one or email them at powermarinesimon@btconnect.com

Its worth the connection

jhawk123

Cadet

I e-mailed the marina (Pointe Aux Anglais) that has bought Doral. He said they were going to start manufacturing Doral Again, but have not yet because they were waiting for the factory building to be bought back. Don't know exactly what that meant, but that is the latest info.

Dirt Guy

Recruit

I just randomly checked Doral's webpage as I have been doing since 2012. To my surprise it was not gone but under construction. Feeling optimistic I checked out this thread, which I have been watching for a long time... I can't be happier to see there is going to be a future for Doral. :D

hamdford

Recruit

Hello all! new here but been reading on here for a while
news for Doral reopening... The article is in french but goes like this; Doral reopening delayed, everything was going well, union had an agreement and was waiting news from owner Alain Chayer, since Octobre there as been no returns from M. Chayer.
As a note, he did purchase everything from Doral EXCEPT the factory. The building owner says they were suppose to restart before Xmas but he has no news from owner either.
Lets stay optimistc and hope it will start after the holidays...

PS: rumours are false that Polissino Pointe-aux-anglais is the owner.

Doral : la relance de l'usine tarde ? se concr?tiser | Radio-Canada.ca

ciscokidd

Petty Officer 2nd Class

So whats further status of Doral?? I am looking for replacement anchor rollers for my 2000 250SE, the dimensions are 2.5" width x 2.5" diameter x 5/8" inner diameter for the stainless steel sleeve. I have searched online with no luck finding fitting anchor rollers and I need 2. Anyone can point me to the right spot is is appreciated and hope Doral does come back in business

r.j.dawg

Ensign

I think they still own the huge plant in Midland Ontario. Their sign was still there last fall. Google map 100 Wye Valley Rd. You can see some unfinished boats at the back of the factory.

Allo!

Recruit
Hello!
I know it's an old post by still....

Doral was in bankruptcy in 2010,

Doral was bought by Denis Polisseno Owner of Polisseno Marina in Pointe-Aux-Anglais, Qc , He was one of the biggest Doral Reseller in Canada, but he went bankruptcy in 2012. The boat market was still difficult at that time and the Canadien Money value was too high to (1.00$ us for 0,95$ can)

M. Chayer bought it back in 2013 for 500 000$. They still make them in Grand-Mere, QC (even when Polisseno was the owner boats were made in Grand-Mere).

They are back in buisness and Polisseno marina have 2015 models in show room... and now with the exchange rate at 1.00$ US for 1.10$ Can ...When you know that Canadien boat builder have to pay a US export fee on the first 300 boats (yep even with free trade there is still import/export fees), a few dime in the exchange rate can make all the diff between being in buisness or backruptcy.....

Last edited:

gaugeman

Seaman Apprentice
Hello!
I know it's an old post by still....

Doral was in bankruptcy in 2010,

Doral was bought by Denis Polisseno Owner of Polisseno Marina in Pointe-Aux-Anglais, Qc , He was one of the biggest Doral Reseller in Canada, but he went bankruptcy in 2012. The boat market was still difficult at that time and the Canadien Money value was too high to (1.00$ us for 0,95$ can)

M. Chayer bought it back in 2013 for 500 000$. They still make them in Grand-Mere, QC (even when Polisseno was the owner boats were made in Grand-Mere).

They are back in buisness and Polisseno marina have 2015 models in show room... and now with the exchange rate at 1.00$ US for 1.10$ Can ...When you know that Canadien boat builder have to pay a US export fee on the first 300 boats (yep even with free trade there is still import/export fees), a few dime in the exchange rate can make all the diff between being in buisness or backruptcy.....

Where can we get parts, is what i want to know!

ciscokidd

Petty Officer 2nd Class
For parts contact Simon at Power Marine in the UK. I will look for their number and his email. Advise if you are in USA. You may be able to go direct to the manufacture to obtain specific parts. I inquired on 250SE carpeting and the original half height table poles. I also bought the rubber weather stripping to reseal the trim under cockpit windows and the stamp on the window is where the rubber came from.

Most other stuff can be sourced out except cabinetry and such.

gaugeman

Seaman Apprentice
For parts contact Simon at Power Marine in the UK. I will look for their number and his email. Advise if you are in USA. You may be able to go direct to the manufacture to obtain specific parts. I inquired on 250SE carpeting and the original half height table poles. I also bought the rubber weather stripping to reseal the trim under cockpit windows and the stamp on the window is where the rubber came from.

Most other stuff can be sourced out except cabinetry and such.

That's my problem. Someone broke into the boat and stole all the electronics including the backing panel for the gauges, which is custom molded by doral. I have already got all the gauges, but I also need all the switches and wiring. I know I can get Carling switches, but the numbering system is brutal. They aren't expensive, I just need part numbers. I can do the wiring as I have the wiring diagrams. The flat panels I can get done myself.

Mikesf

Recruit
Ciscokidd. Where did you find the half size table poles and carpet. I am in need of both.

ciscokidd

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Ciscokidd. Where did you find the half size table poles and carpet. I am in need of both.

Like I said power marine UK The carpet can be sourced locally made to fit if you have originals or by just taking measurement. Lots of options for carpet. My quote on upper carpet alone was$ 375-400US plus shipping for the 2 large top pieces .

bannister

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hey guys, Doral will be back in business very soon. They are opening again........

dpospres

Seaman Apprentice
Good news!!! I contacted Denis, and he did respond that they have parts available for my 360. They are back in business. If you need parts, you can try contacting him at EMAIL REMOVED. GA_B - Mod

PM dpospres for the contact info.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.