swim platform 1990 prestancia

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHIEF915

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: swim platform 1990 prestancia

i did a cosmetic repair to the cracked area with epoxy. looks ok but i would still like to replace it with one from swimplatforms in arizona. They now have the template. I was told some other prestancia owner order one last year. They want 1900 plus shipping and a crate to ship in. About another 450. Not sure what to do yet a bigger platform would be great.

Did you ever replace with the one from Swim Platforms? Just curious as to how much work it was and pictures.

goose25

Seaman Apprentice
Re: swim platform 1990 prestancia

never did replace it but hoping to one day

Rockadile

Recruit
Hello ,iam new to the form but have been reading for awhile. I have a 1989 Prestancia and have started the process of replacing the platform.The old platform is gone and iam waiting for the new (still).As far as removing it I cut at the rear corners to separate the platform from the side pieces. Removed the screws from the transom and the braces to transom and largest part was off. The side trim parts I give them a tug and they pulled off. These parts were screwed from the inside out. Iam not sure if that is the factory way. My boat had the stringers and fuel tanks replaced just before I bought it. I ground out the holes and epoxied them. Sanded it smooth and just finished my first lesson in gel coating. The new platform is being constructed to be 4 feet and we are moving it up the back of the boat about 4 inches. On the transom there is a cut out that old platform sat into.Iam hoping my new platform is ready this weekend. Hope that helps ,i will try to post some pics when I have a minute. Please if I can help with info just ask.

Rockadile

Recruit
Ok ,Got the new platform installed. No major setbacks. Built some custom hardware to fasten to the back of the boat, made it a little easier. Launched the boat and it seems to have brought the boat down about 2 inches in the water. makes a world of difference . The one concern that I see is the drain outlets from around the edge of the engine hatches may take some water in coming off plane.Heading out this weekend ,will let you know

CHIEF915

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Let us know how it works out and pictures if possible. I have been wanting to do the same thing.

Rockadile

Recruit
OK the first water test went well. The drain holes that I was concerned with didn't appear to be a issue but I will keep monitoring, Going up on plane was not an issue. When I got up on plane I had my trim tabs down a little and the spray from them would catch the vents at the rear of the platform ,but not serious.Coming down off plane the water washed up on the platform alittle and lifted my 9 ft dingy up slightly. the dingy sits flat on the platform but i am building some aluminum davits to hold it up and should stop that. My whole family is happy with the platform. I covered the entire platform with HYDRO TURF . not slippery and softer then the normal tops or coatings I have seen . I promise I will get some photos this week end and post them.

Rockadile

Recruit
No Title

Here we are as promised

Attachments

• photo202978.JPG
    photo202978.JPG
    42.8 KB · Views: 3
  • photo202979.JPG
    photo202979.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 3
  • photo202980.JPG
    photo202980.JPG
    48.5 KB · Views: 3

CHIEF915

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Sorry for the delay. That looks real nice. I will be possibly doing the same thing come this winter for a project.

dssking

Recruit
Rockadile, where did you purchase the new platform? I'd like to extend my stock 89 platform to 4 feet..... I'm in Canada on Lake Simcoe......You?

Status
Not open for further replies.