We want to see your boat!

FFWD

Recruit
Re: We want to see your boat!

Hey,fellow doral owners.I,m new to this site and have learned more in 2 hrs here than i have all last year, which was my 1st year with my doral.GREAT POSTS.went to london boat show last weekend ,crawled under my boat cover with flashlight three times since....spring fever....will post pictures soon

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Hey,fellow doral owners.I,m new to this site and have learned more in 2 hrs here than i have all last year, which was my 1st year with my doral.GREAT POSTS.went to london boat show last weekend ,crawled under my boat cover with flashlight three times since....spring fever....will post pictures soon

Welcome aboard to iboats and congratulations on your forst post.:D We are practically neighbors by the looks of it. This is a great place to learn anything boats related that you need to know. Look forward to seeing some photos of your boat. Give us some history of your Doral as well. How long you have owned it, motor, trailer, what you tow with etc. :)
If you need any help with anything let us know.
Once again welcome aboard.:)
Ken.

JBF 1962

Chief Petty Officer

Awesome! a new Doral guy. Welcome aboard! Kinda looks like yours Ken...

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Awesome! a new Doral guy. Welcome aboard! Kinda looks like yours Ken...

Looks like a 1989 18 footer from what I can see in the avatar photo. Same era as ours, a foot or so longer, 6" wider beam and likely a bowrider. Can't see if it's an outboard model but can take 175hp to 200hp if it is an outboard. probably flies if it has a 200hp V6 on it !!! :eek: we scoot along some with 140hp on ours.
Let's see what FFWD posts back with ??? :D and see how close I was !!! :confused::D

JBF 1962

Chief Petty Officer

Looks like a 1989 18 footer from what I can see in the avatar photo. Same era as ours, a foot or so longer, 6" wider beam and likely a bowrider. Can't see if it's an outboard model but can take 175hp to 200hp if it is an outboard. probably flies if it has a 200hp V6 on it !!! :eek: we scoot along some with 140hp on ours.
Let's see what FFWD posts back with ??? :D and see how close I was !!! :confused::D

How fast does yours go Ken?

FFWD

Recruit

1989 doral spirit bowrider,200 hp johnson,8hp merc kicker,towed by 1500 dodge ram 5.7 hemi...hope pictures get through ,this picture posting is a new animal to me.P.S good call ken.
albums

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

1989 doral spirit bowrider,200 hp johnson,8hp merc kicker,towed by 1500 dodge ram 5.7 hemi...hope pictures get through ,this picture posting is a new animal to me.P.S good call ken.
albums

Well no pictures showed up. try a search on "how to post pictures" it should help. If not let me know.
Looks like the only thing I missed was the kicker and the tow vehicle but I would have to be psychic for those from the avatar photo :D:D
How fast does it go ????

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

How fast does yours go Ken?

Just me in the boat low 50's (MPH)
Boat loaded with people and gear around 42 to 45 MPH.
Cruising speed that you can still have a conversation, 30 to 35 MPH.

Seamonkies

Seaman Apprentice

I've got a 2000 Doral 250SE that I have owned since 2009. I purchased it from a private owner in Northern VA. It's got a beautiful 5.7 Mercruiser with a bravo III outdrive. The engine is newer than the boat, as the previous owner did not winterize it properly and the engine block cracked. When I purchased the boat, the engine had about 30 hours on it. I've already had to have a valve job done on it because evidently it's not a good idea to burn fuel that has large amounts of corn in it. Lesson learned. I only purchase fuel at the marina and I use an additive to decrease the moisture. Other than that, she's been a great boat and the family and I have lots of fun on it. The radar arch does seem to "bounce" quite a bit in rough water, however. That makes me a little nervous. And, of course, it's difficult to get replacement parts for essentially anything on this boat.... but, I absolutely love it. Mostly good things to report about my experience. No one else at my marina in Richmond Hill (suburban Savannah) has a Doral, that's for sure. Hell, no one else in the Souther US has a Doral, for that matter, as far as I can tell. I kept her at a marina in Richmond, VA for a summer and she was the only one of her kind there, too. Good to be among "Doral Friends" here on thisP9120024.jpgP9120025.jpg website.

JBF 1962

Chief Petty Officer

Real nice looking boat there Seamonkies! Always nice to have something a little different. Here in Canada, Dorals are more popular, there's 3 of us where I tie up athe the world famous Port Perry Yacht Club! Welcome and hope you enjoy the forum, I've learned a lot from the folks here :)

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Welcome aboard Seamonkies. Good to have you amongst us all. :)
Nice Boat !!!! :D

Seamonkies

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks to all for the warm welcome. I really look forward to reading all of your posts. I mean, hey, I've got nothing but time out here... atleast for the next 3 months, that is. By that time, you folks up north might be able to break through the ice at the marina and go out on your boats! Ha! Please don't take offense, I like to joke around a little. Life's too short to be serious all the time! It's actually chilly here in Iraq right now, too. I mean, it got down into the 50s last night! I know that the blast of heat is right around the corner, though. Anyway, nice looking boats, gentlemen! Love this thread!

BSAFlash

Petty Officer 1st Class

And, of course, it's difficult to get replacement parts for essentially anything on this boat....

Welcome Seamonkies,

I thought that myself after the main importer in Australia shut up shop but it's actually easier. Just email Doral, so far every request I have sent has been actioned quickly and efficiently... Very different to when I had to deal though a disinterested importer

Seamonkies

Seaman Apprentice

And, of course, it's difficult to get replacement parts for essentially anything on this boat....

Welcome Seamonkies,

I thought that myself after the main importer in Australia shut up shop but it's actually easier. Just email Doral, so far every request I have sent has been actioned quickly and efficiently... Very different to when I had to deal though a disinterested importer

So... what do you do, email them the part number? Is there a listing of parts and a cooresponding parts number for stuff like a new steering wheel, dash panel, dash rocker switch, etc. somewhere on the web? I'd be nice to say, "I need two part number****, please. Pay, and have it sent to me. Is it that easy? Just wondering...

JBF 1962

Chief Petty Officer

So... what do you do, email them the part number? Is there a listing of parts and a cooresponding parts number for stuff like a new steering wheel, dash panel, dash rocker switch, etc. somewhere on the web? I'd be nice to say, "I need two part number****, please. Pay, and have it sent to me. Is it that easy? Just wondering...

Whenever I've needed anything from Doral, a quick e-mail to Nathalie (nhecker@doralboat.com) and she happily obliges. She's sent everything from the 1989 Doral brochure to obscure part numbers and how to order them. Nice lady :)

Jlee815

Seaman Apprentice

This is not my boat per say but it is a Doral Prestancia rigged for fishing.... How is that for a modification

5516062424_8a80138169.jpg

5515472391_ea15f1a4d0.jpg

BSAFlash

Petty Officer 1st Class

G'Day,
I've not bothered to look through the handbooks to see if there is a parts list. I just email a description (and sometime a photo) of the part and they send me back the part number and cost. If there is any confusion they send me the drawings with the parts list so that I can identify it myself. So far I have had nothing but brilliant service.

Seamonkies

Seaman Apprentice

All excellent info! Good to know that they provide excellent service! I absolutely LOVE that Prestancia rigged for fishing! It's a great blend of comfort and sport fishing! I might even be able to talk the wife into fishing with me if I had that rig! Anyone know much does something like that cost to have done? Of course, she's big on the benefits of comfort. I'm big on the benefits of catching some fish! Anyway, excellent pic!

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

This thread is getting better post by post.:D
I have contacted Doral twice and received response and information pretty much by return each time.