2001 Doral 250se Owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

bannister

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hello,

My name is Themis and I live at Athens Greece.
Just bought a repo 2001 250se from the U.S.
It has sand color interior and covers, A/C-heat, Mercruiser 5.7lt EFI, windlass etc.
That boat was a dream for me the last 2 years and finally got to own one.
My problem is that the boat came with no manuals at all.
Does anyone know what kind of documentation Doral was supplying with the boat at the time and where I can find it?
My attempts to contact Doral had no success so far as noone replies to my emails and there is no Doral dealer in Greece.

I have also noticed that there are some Doral dealers in the forums (the reason I registered) that might be able to help me with the documentation and maybe some parts that I will need (like the swim platform lader cover that is missing from the boat).

Any feedback and help is welcome.

Maps

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 2001 Doral 250se Owner

I hope to move up to a 25 footer in the near futur . Nice boat !

Try calling Doral directly , it's toll free I think .

bannister

Petty Officer 2nd Class

The only reply I have received so far from Doral is that I should contact the Egyptian dealer in Cairo (guess they think that this one is near me) and not even the Italian which is "next door" and within the EU.
Anyway, as I said, any help and ideas are welcome.

Anyone that might want to make a copy of his manual and mail them to me?
Will pay for expences and posting cost.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Strange they did not take care of you.
They sent me a brochure (PDF) file for my boat within a couple of days.
As said there should be a toll free number for Doral.

bannister

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I already have a pdf file for the 1997 to 2002 Doral 250se, but it looks lke a general description booklet. Nothing more.
Does not contain any specific info on how systems work, nothing about the engine, nothing on the A/C, nothing etc.

It is more like a general info for the model with some schematics.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Here is their telephone number
Good Luck

(819) 538-0781

bannister

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Well, thanks kennyfam but they replied to my email that the only booklet that was delivered with the boat is the pdf copy that I already have.
Guess I will have to source down the manufacturer of each system onboard and try to find info on my own on how it works and maintanance.

Richie086

Cadet

My problem is that the boat came with no manuals at all.
Does anyone know what kind of documentation Doral was supplying with the boat at the time and where I can find it?

I was lucky with the 1992 Doral 255 MC I just purchased last week. It came with all the original manuals. If not for that, I thought I was going to have to make a custom shower wand to replace the one in the Head which was missing. But I checked the manual and found that the facet in the head pulls out and seconds as the shower wand that clips to a bracket on the wall.

As far as parts go, I'm sure you'll be much luckier than I was because Doral doesn't make any replacement parts whatsoever for my boat due to the age. They said any replacement parts, cushions, etc. would all have to be custom fabricated by me. But your boat is still pretty new, so I'd keep making some phone calls. Best of luck to you.

Doug11

Cadet

Just bought a 2001 Doral 250 se myself and the guy had all the manuals. If you give me a mailing address I can send copies of what I have for you.

bannister

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thank you very much Doug !!!

bhp65 at tellas.gr

Once again thank you.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Great Stuff Doug.
As we both live in the same area if you need I can do all the copying for you if needed.
Let me know.

Doug11

Cadet

Hey Themis

my wife sent you four parts of the manual we have. Let me know if you don't receive all four.

bannister

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hi Doug,

Thank you VERY MUCH !!!
I have parts 1,3 and 4 and missing part 2.

Thank you very much.

bannister

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Finally received my boat 2 days ago!!!
She is perfect although some things need some repairs and detailing.

Have questions for you.
In the engine compartment, on the wall over the fuel tank there is a grey box with two breakers on it and three fuses. Found two of the fuses blown and will replace them tomorrow.
Although my batteries are good, the only thing on the boat that has power is the windlash. Nothing else.
My question is if anyone knows what those breakers and fuses are for.
Also I noticed that the breaker panel inside the boat says 110/220V AC !
Does anyone knows if that means that I can connect the shore power line to a 220V plug without the use of a tranformer?

Themis.

ciscokidd

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I am looking for replacement windows/panels for the Doral canopy top that encloses the rear for wet weather. I have just bought a 2000 25SE 5.7GS Volvo

vennerable

Recruit
Just purchased Doral 2001 250 SE as well, I know this post is older but would love it if anyone is still listening and has the manual they can share
Thanks in advance
Candice

Status
Not open for further replies.