Bow Rail LED Lights

danpmart

Cadet
I have an 04 Intrigue with the LED lights in the bow rail. all of the lights on the port side are out. Does anybody know where the transformers are for these lights? I'm assuming that there are two transformers rather than all of the lights on one side went bad at the same time.. any help would be appreciated.

joeanna

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I doubt there are transformers running the led lights, most likly a bad wire and or ground. usually leds light are strung in strings depending on voltage supplies, example; 5 red leds requiring 2.2V each = 11 volts used from a supply of 12 volts, i need 20 leds = would be 4 strings of 5 leds.
or the string of leds burned out.

Gyrene

Petty Officer 1st Class
I doubt there are transformers running the led lights, most likly a bad wire and or ground. usually leds light are strung in strings depending on voltage supplies, example; 5 red leds requiring 2.2V each = 11 volts used from a supply of 12 volts, i need 20 leds = would be 4 strings of 5 leds.
or the string of leds burned out.
Agreed.
Transformer is only used in AC - as in house lights - for 12VDC, there is no transformer.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
some of them use a DC-DC power supply to drop down to 5 volts.

Most likely the connection from the light to the main wire is corroded as mine did on my 2004. Pull the lights out of the rail to review it. It's a very small hole to tuck 2 shrunk wrapped wires back into.