Bow Rail LED Lights

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bow Rail LED Lights

I have an 04 Intrigue with the LED lights in the bow rail. all of the lights on the port side are out. Does anybody know where the transformers are for these lights? I'm assuming that there are two transformers rather than all of the lights on one side went bad at the same time.. any help would be appreciated.

I doubt there are transformers running the led lights, most likly a bad wire and or ground. usually leds light are strung in strings depending on voltage supplies, example; 5 red leds requiring 2.2V each = 11 volts used from a supply of 12 volts, i need 20 leds = would be 4 strings of 5 leds.
    or the string of leds burned out.

Comment

Originally posted by joeanna View Post
      I doubt there are transformers running the led lights, most likly a bad wire and or ground. usually leds light are strung in strings depending on voltage supplies, example; 5 red leds requiring 2.2V each = 11 volts used from a supply of 12 volts, i need 20 leds = would be 4 strings of 5 leds.
      or the string of leds burned out.
      Agreed.
      Transformer is only used in AC - as in house lights - for 12VDC, there is no transformer.
      SeaSwirl Striper 2150
      21' Walkaround with hardtop, 175HP Johnson on a bracket

Comment

some of them use a DC-DC power supply to drop down to 5 volts.
        1988 Cruisers Rogue 2420 -VP 290 DP now powered by custom 468 - http://forums.iboats.com/forum/owner...988-rogue-2420

Past Boats
        1970 Wooster Hellion - Merc 9.8
        2002 SeaRay 190BR - 5.0 - A1G2 - "Cheasheads in Paradise"
        1984 Avanti 170DLI -3.0 stringer- "Ship Happens"

What’s behind you doesn’t matter.Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Most likely the connection from the light to the main wire is corroded as mine did on my 2004. Pull the lights out of the rail to review it. It's a very small hole to tuck 2 shrunk wrapped wires back into.
          Doral 33 Intrigue,'08 twin 5.7vp dp
          Doral 210 Phasar 210 '07 5.7 vp dp

Comment

Originally posted by Halifax Shipfaced View Post
            Most likely the connection from the light to the main wire is corroded as mine did on my 2004. Pull the lights out of the rail to review it. It's a very small hole to tuck 2 shrunk wrapped wires back into.
            Halifax - this is your 2004...

Comment

too funny, I had forgotten your handle dan.
              Doral 33 Intrigue,'08 twin 5.7vp dp
              Doral 210 Phasar 210 '07 5.7 vp dp

Comment

Working...
              X