Stereo & Housing Update 360se

im4mpatton2

Cadet
My 2001 360 se had the typical Clarion stereo with the 6 CD changer hidden behind a smoked plexiglass door. I wanted to upgrade the stereo to something that would connect to my iPhone. The solution was a Clarion Marine 505, that has both Bluetooth and USB connectors. I wanted to get rid of the obsolete CD changer and CD holder as well as ditching the plexiglass door. Attached is the finished project. I added a weather station where the CD changer used to be. Changing out the wired remote controllers was a pain. If anyone would like more details on how to do this, let me know.

Attachments

• photo237331.jpg
    photo237331.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 1

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Thinking about changing out the radios in both of my boats for a Bluetooth radio as well. What made you decide on this model vs others? I haven't started looking yet so just wanted some opinions on them.

im4mpatton2

Cadet
I decided that I only planned to play music from my iPad or iPhone and didn't want to have a CD player or changer so that was the first step for me. Then I decided that I wanted to be able to stream to it, so I wanted Bluetooth. The choice of Clarion was simple since I planned to use the existing external amp and the 505 model had the compatible wiring for the amp and all of the existing RCA speaker connections. Biggest downside was that I needed new wired remotes, one at the helm and one at the forward berth. These are about $100 each, but the biggest hassle was running the new cables for these, the old remote plugs don't work with the new remotes.

dpospres

Seaman Apprentice
No Title

Thanks Mark for the ideas and suggestions. Got mine updated.......finally. Clarion CMS5 with a MW4 at the helm. Was able to keep my older remote on the swim platform, Sytem also has floating wireless remote, infared night vision camera in the engine room, Sirius, Bluetooth, 2 USBs and control from my central touchscreen RTI remote.

Attachments

• photo252802.jpg
    photo252802.jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 1