Doral 360 SE

Toddkpa

Recruit
I am looking at a few of the Doral 360 for sale in my area(2001-2004). Should I be concerned about the 7.4L motors in these boats? Should I just get a one powered with 6.2s or 8.1s? I believe I would prefer inboards also.

The prices are inflated on these boats, I am hoping I can find a nice boat at a great price.

alldodge

Staff member
I am looking at a few of the Doral 360 for sale in my area(2001-2004). Should I be concerned about the 7.4L motors in these boats? Should I just get a one powered with 6.2s or 8.1s? I believe I would prefer inboards also.

The prices are inflated on these boats, I am hoping I can find a nice boat at a great price.

There is nothing wrong with the 7.4L motors, they will last a real long time. Only issue is if the motors were taken care of, just like any other motor including the 6.2 and 8.1L. With a boat that size you don't want the 6.2, reason being not enough torque. You want, 7.4, 7.4MPI, 8.1 or 8.2 motors.

V-drives will reduce your maintenance but will also use more fuel due to less efficient.

As far finding a nice boat at a great price, well that's what everyone wants to do when buying a boat.
Good luck

im4mpatton2

Cadet
I recently completed a search for the same boat. I am located in Ohio, not sure where you are. The shipping expense was a limiting factor for where I was willing to search. I ended up with a fantastic 2001 that I bought in Quebec for $60k US, it has 7.4MPI with V Drives. Engines have 700 hours and checked out well. I agree with AllDodge on going for the larger engines, these boats are heavy. I think the final price was great as the average of the other boats I looked at were probably in the $79k range. I think a lot of the sellers have a high listing price, but are probably willing to make a deal to a willing buyer.