1985 CRUISERS Fiesta Vee

mdrankos

Cadet
Looking at one of these at a local marina. Whatever I purchase will be my first boat bigger than a small fishing boat. Very excited.

The marina has a Fiesta Vee, but I've never really heard much of the brand Cruisers. I'm assuming it's not widely sold or has since gone out of business? Of course, every boat is different in it's condition, but are there any known issues? I can't find much at all on the Fiesta model at all. Makes me a little nervous.

720 hours on the motors. Seems to be in fair condition considering it's more than 20 years old.

Any information is appreciated!

25thmustang

Lieutenant Commander
Re: 1985 CRUISERS Fiesta Vee

I think we need more info from you. Cruisers is still around making boats. Yours would be a Cruisers Inc. not the latest Cruisers Yachts.

I have not heard of a Fiesta Vee myself, other than the Rinker. What size is it? Inboard, I/O? Any pictures, info, price etc?

I love my Cruisers so far. Roomy as can be, does well in the water, and so far no gripes about anything Cruisers did with the boat.

25thmustang

Lieutenant Commander

http://providence.craigslist.org/boa/1843934481.html

Guess I have never heard of this as a "Fiesta Vee".

Twin I/O v6s on the one I posted. I have been aboard a 26' Vee Express with twin inboards. Roomy for a 26'er down below, although the deck above seemed a little cramped. Not sure how it would stack up to this one, but exterior wise was a similar looking boat.

mdrankos

Cadet

Well, it looks like it may be irrelavant. After 3 unanswered emails to the marina selling the boat and one phone call in which I talked to a very unenthuasistic salesman, I have put boat shopping on hold.

The salesman couldn't even tell me if he would be in the office the weekend I was headed up to the lake, couldn't offer additional pictures because they don't "have those to email" took my number but never called me back and all the while, lamented about how slow business was. And this was one of the largest Marina's on Lake Texoma here in Texas.

Clearly my 12k wasn't enough spending money to get his attention and since I wasn't financing a 250k boat, they didn't seem very interested in dealing with me. Similar stories with other marinas and boats in the lower price range I could afford and buying off Craigslist or a pvt. seller made me nervous about what you don't know or what they won't tell you about the history of the boat. I figured if you were buying and keeping a boat at a marina, they would be pretty forthcoming about the condition since they would be seeing you every weekend.

So after 3 months of trying, I put the money in a Roth IRA instead and will rent one when I want to.

However, to answer the initial question, I do think we're talking about the same boat. Here is a link to the sales site for it.

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/1985-CRUISERS-Fiesta-Vee-97022855

25thmustang

Lieutenant Commander

Sorry to hear about your misfortune.

I hear you on getting frustrated and agree that buying a boat can be difficult.

With regards to this boat, I looked at basically the same one as posted, although it was referred to as a Vee Express when I looked at it. Twin I/B 305s (this one appears to have 350s), sleeping for 6 (3 double berths) etc... I liked the layout and the room for a 26'er, although the headroom below the arch was short, and the forward head seemed to suffer in space. I did however like the cabin arrangement, as it provided a fair amount of room, especially for having I/Bs.

Their pricing seems high though. Unrealistically high. Had this been powered by new motors, $15-16K might seem more reasonable, but with original 700+ hour motors, I would think this is a $10K boat MAX. Your area may fetch different money, but up here, for that price you could get into the Cruisers Inc I have, all day long. Mine is a fair bit roomier, and I can't forsee you trailering either, so the pricing would be similar in slip, and storage fees.

Good luck with the IRA, and the boat rentals if you choose to not look for another boat.