Signing papers tonight...

25thmustang

Lieutenant Commander
So after finding out my 27' cruiser has a bad case of stringer rot, I decided to part it out and begin looking for something ready to go. After some quick searching I decided I wanted an inboard powered 28-32' express. I ended up looking at a few different Cruisers Incs and decided that was what I wanted. Found one locally, turns out my father knew the guy. The boat was clean and the price was good. I looked at a few more, and then realized the price was great... Gave the man a deposit, set up a boat hauler and will be signing the papers tonight.

It's an '87 Cruisers Inc. 297 Elegante. I will probably get a few pictures tonight as we get it ready for transport tomorrow. Have a few cosmetic items I want to address (new carpet, cabinet doors, etc) but otherwise should be a nice boat for some time.

Any other Cruisers owners on this forum. I am trying to get approval at the Cruisers owners forum, but having no luck.

25thmustang

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Signing papers tonight...

Photos:

IMG_2787.jpg

IMG_2785.jpg

IMG_2782.jpg

IMG_2784.jpg

tlynch99

Petty Officer 2nd Class

25thMustang,

Sorry to hear about the IMP, but glad to see the new boat. I am very excited to see this boat at our meet-up in Aug. Although it will Dwarf my 16' starcraft, I can eventually see myself owning something like this in a few years.

25thmustang

Lieutenant Commander

Thanks, it will be there for the event Aug 1st. You guys will be out having fun, going fast, jumping wakes... I will be the big barge sitting, with the grille going etc...

LOL

More pictures:

Boat being hauled to the marina:

IMG_2802.jpg

Before:

IMG_2805.jpg

After a real quick hand polish of this area. This was simply wipe down, and use the wax I had on hand:

IMG_2811.jpg

IMG_2809.jpg

aspeck

Staff member

Looks like she will clean up nicely! I have used Vertiglas to take care of polishing oxidized paint and it works great and lasts a LONG time. You might want to look into it.

Sweet new home away from home! Congrats.

25thmustang

Lieutenant Commander

I will be looking into some products to get the exterior back into presentable shape.

I have a dual action and a standard buffer as well...

tlynch99

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Pictures look great. I was just at the Portalnd Riverside Marina the other day buying some 3m stuff I couldn't find a cabelas. That is near where you are keeping it right?

25thmustang

Lieutenant Commander

Right down the street from Riverside actually. It's at a private club just up River.

Might have to see what they have in stock. Hopefully get the hull and exterior cleaned up before I head down below!

25thmustang

Lieutenant Commander

Got more progress done on the new hooptie. 2/3 of the way there on the starboard side, port side was only able to be washed. Stupid yard work at the house killed me.

Before:
IMG_2805.jpg

Test:
IMG_2811.jpg

During:
IMG_2816.jpg

IMG_2817.jpg

IMG_2825.jpg

IMG_2823.jpg

25thmustang

Lieutenant Commander

Borgesfamily,

I have a couple of cabin shots. Like the exterior it needs a bit of cleaning. I have new carpet, and upholstery, but I might hold off on that until she is on the water and mechanically perfect!

Here they are. I have done some cleaning since these, but trying to get the hull and topsides ready before it goes in the water next month.

IMG_2775.jpg

IMG_2776.jpg

IMG_2780.jpg

Cruisers460

Cadet

Post pics when you re-carpet etc. You have the same carpet and upholstery materials that I have in my 87 Holiday. I've been trying to work up to changing them out! Would love to see what you come up with!
Bruce

25thmustang

Lieutenant Commander

Thanks, the boat is afloat now, and after I tidy up some loose ends with it mechanically it is time to do the carpet, wood and fabric.