Signing papers tonight...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Signing papers tonight...

So after finding out my 27' cruiser has a bad case of stringer rot, I decided to part it out and begin looking for something ready to go. After some quick searching I decided I wanted an inboard powered 28-32' express. I ended up looking at a few different Cruisers Incs and decided that was what I wanted. Found one locally, turns out my father knew the guy. The boat was clean and the price was good. I looked at a few more, and then realized the price was great... Gave the man a deposit, set up a boat hauler and will be signing the papers tonight.

It's an '87 Cruisers Inc. 297 Elegante. I will probably get a few pictures tonight as we get it ready for transport tomorrow. Have a few cosmetic items I want to address (new carpet, cabinet doors, etc) but otherwise should be a nice boat for some time.

Any other Cruisers owners on this forum. I am trying to get approval at the Cruisers owners forum, but having no luck.
    Boat: 1987 29' Cruisers Inc 297 Elegante. T/270 Crusaders. (SOLD)
    Boat #2: 1984 34' Silverton 34C. T/270 Crusaders. Westerbeke Gen.
    Updating Thread: http://forums.iboats.com/boat-restor...vy-534493.html
    Race Car: 1989 Mustang LX 5.0. 12.5 on slicks, 12.9 on street tires.
    sigpic

Re: Signing papers tonight...

Photos:

sigpic

Comment

25thMustang,

Sorry to hear about the IMP, but glad to see the new boat. I am very excited to see this boat at our meet-up in Aug. Although it will Dwarf my 16' starcraft, I can eventually see myself owning something like this in a few years.
      Liberator 211 - Recently Purchased
      Restoration Thread: 1978 Starcraft 16' SS

1978 - 16ft Starcraft SuperSport
      1978 Evinrude 70HP

Comment

Thanks, it will be there for the event Aug 1st. You guys will be out having fun, going fast, jumping wakes... I will be the big barge sitting, with the grille going etc...

LOL

More pictures:

Boat being hauled to the marina:

Before:

After a real quick hand polish of this area. This was simply wipe down, and use the wax I had on hand:

sigpic

Comment

Looks like she will clean up nicely! I have used Vertiglas to take care of polishing oxidized paint and it works great and lasts a LONG time. You might want to look into it.

Sweet new home away from home! Congrats.

Comment

I will be looking into some products to get the exterior back into presentable shape.

I have a dual action and a standard buffer as well...
            sigpic

Comment

Pictures look great. I was just at the Portalnd Riverside Marina the other day buying some 3m stuff I couldn't find a *******. That is near where you are keeping it right?
              Liberator 211 - Recently Purchased
              Restoration Thread: 1978 Starcraft 16' SS

1978 - 16ft Starcraft SuperSport
              1978 Evinrude 70HP

Comment

Right down the street from Riverside actually. It's at a private club just up River.

Might have to see what they have in stock. Hopefully get the hull and exterior cleaned up before I head down below!
                sigpic

Comment

Very nice looking boat, do you have any inside pics?
                  Boat #1:"Knot broke yet" 1989 26' Cruisers Inc Vee Sport 2660, Twin 350s
                  Boat #2:"Wolly" 1978 Reinell 217, 302 ford motor with omc 190 outdrive.
                  Tow Rig: 1994 Suburban 3/4 ton, 4x4. 3 in lift
                  Wife's toy: 1998 Mustang GT 4.6, 5 speed

Comment

Got more progress done on the new hooptie. 2/3 of the way there on the starboard side, port side was only able to be washed. Stupid yard work at the house killed me.

Before:

Test:

During:

sigpic

Comment

Borgesfamily,

I have a couple of cabin shots. Like the exterior it needs a bit of cleaning. I have new carpet, and upholstery, but I might hold off on that until she is on the water and mechanically perfect!

Here they are. I have done some cleaning since these, but trying to get the hull and topsides ready before it goes in the water next month.

sigpic

Comment

Post pics when you re-carpet etc. You have the same carpet and upholstery materials that I have in my 87 Holiday. I've been trying to work up to changing them out! Would love to see what you come up with!
                        Bruce

Comment

Thanks, the boat is afloat now, and after I tidy up some loose ends with it mechanically it is time to do the carpet, wood and fabric.
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X