Welcome Cruisers Yachts owners...

love1u0

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Mine is old but still solid, I'm in the process of restoring her.

love1u0

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Welcome Cruisers Yachts owners...

Ok, c'mon now, I know I do not own the only Cruisers on this board.

:)

Cruisers 336

Recruit

336 Ultra Vee owner here. do you know where I could get a wiring diagram for such a boat?

paulrfrancisco

Petty Officer 1st Class

1990 Rogue 3070... very happy with it...

agentq

Recruit

Old Tyme--I've got a '75 Cruiser Mackinac I'm doing the same thing on. How's yours going? I expect I'll be looking for advice on engine replacements here pretty soon, but I just ripped out the last of the brown velour and wood from the interior yesterday. :)

Old Tyme

Cadet

I don't have much to do with the interior other than a good cleaning.
The boat does need paint and there is a section of wood that needs to be replaced above the side window that the trim fastens to.
The biggest thing was the engine. I had pulled it out to clean the cylinder
bores. The engine is back in but I haven't re-attached all the wiring, etc and the out drive is still in my shed. I will have to post some pics of what it looked like when I got. Not much has changed cosmetically as I haven't been doing anything with it.

We will need to compare notes when (if) I restart the project.

Brian
West Michigan

agentq

Recruit

Ok. I found a same-model replacement engine (188hp Mercruiser/Ford 302)through craigslist and have it in my garage now. Once I get a decent day here, I'll try to rip the old one out and clean out the compartment. See what kind of nightmare it might be dropping the other one in.

The interior was so dirty on mine, and I don't know what's residing in the 30+ year old velvet and curtains that I just ripped it all out. Might try updating the interior a bit.

Good luck if you get back to it.

mvinct

Recruit

Hi,..I have Cruisers Mackinac that I would like to find where I can get the most information I can find. It's 22' with a 3.8 L engine. Finding info on a boat this old has been difficult. The model number on the id plate reads "22721". Does the 72 stand for the year of the boat? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Old Tyme

Cadet

Hi,..I have Cruisers Mackinac that I would like to find where I can get the most information I can find.

Hi,

Not sure on what type of info you need but, when I got my 1969 Mackinac, I sent an e-mail to to Cruisers Yachts requesting info. After a few days, they sent me a copy of the original sales brochure.

You might want to give that a try.

Good Luck!
Brian

majordadto8

Recruit
Cruisers 1975 22' Mackinaw

Cruisers 1975 22' Mackinaw

Of all my dumb luck to find another person on this site restoring the same boat that I am.
I was given this boat last week. It has no motor, the interior has been exposed to the elements and it was a rodent/squirrel HI Express of some sorts as well.
It seems like it could be restored and I want to give it a try but first I need to know what a replacement engine is going to run me.
I have the brochure from Cruisers telling me the various recommended engines, a couple searches on craigslist and ebay didn't turn up much but I really don't know what my parameters are for the engine such as what year range would fit in this boat.
Any advice/recommendations from you will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Old Tyme

Cadet

Hi,..I have Cruisers Mackinac that I would like to find where I can get the most information I can find. It's 22' with a 3.8 L engine. Finding info on a boat this old has been difficult. The model number on the id plate reads "22721". Does the 72 stand for the year of the boat? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

My '69 22' Mac has the same model# as yours. It has the Mercruiser 160.

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i47/ourboat/1969_22_22721_Mackinac_pg_2of_2.jpg
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i47/ourboat/1969_22_22721_Mackinac_pg_1_of_2.jpg

Last edited:

lekmedm

Seaman

Greetings to all! This is my first post. :)

I own a 1988 VeeSport 2660 with an OMC 460 Cobra. It's my first. :rolleyes:

Terrytunes

Recruit

Greetings and hallucinations!!! :D
I have a 1978 Cruisers Mackinac (Model 227) that I am restoring.
I lucked out and found this thing and picked up boat, trailer, engine and all for a song. (less than a grand!)
I am currently reassembling the engine and have some minor cosmetic things to fix.
I'm hoping to be on the water this summer and can't WAIT to see how she handles.
So far Cruisers has been an excellent source of info for this project.
Hope to post some pics when I can. :cool:

boatingnurse

Recruit

I have a 1979 Cruisers Gran Bateau and I love it! OEM parts are getting hard to find and am now looking for a gimbal ring. Nearly everything else has been replaced. The sound of the 4-barrel kicking in is like music to my ears! My kingdom to get her in the water this year!

Last edited:

reverbflange

Seaman Apprentice

I've got a 1962 Cruisers Inc 21', but can not for the life of me figure out what model this is... anyone knowledgeable about these that may know? It's not on the title.

Attachments

• starboard_640x480.JPG
    starboard_640x480.JPG
    81.4 KB · Views: 2