Welcome Cruisers Yachts owners...

25thmustang

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Welcome Cruisers Yachts owners...

I agree on the headroom aspect of these boats!

Totaltech

Recruit

Hi All!!!

First time on iboats and I have a 79 Gran Bateau that I have been restoring. Refinished the teak over the winter. Would love to see pics of other restorations on the model. We have ours in the marina and use it many times a week - very enjoyable and we get many comments on it.

Does anyone know if this model had air conditioning? I would like to add it but want orginal style if possible.

Thanks

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

Hi All!!!

First time on iboats and I have a 79 Gran Bateau that I have been restoring. Refinished the teak over the winter. Would love to see pics of other restorations on the model. We have ours in the marina and use it many times a week - very enjoyable and we get many comments on it.

Does anyone know if this model had air conditioning? I would like to add it but want orginal style if possible.

Thanks

Hi Totaltech
:) Welcome to iBoats :)

If you look in my signature you will see the 2 cruisers I am restoring in the Restoration and Building section of the forum. The 73 is a complete rebuild, new deck, stringers,transom, paint etc. . The Sea Gem is a 84 Barnagate that I am re-powering. Its also going to get a new cabinet for the sink, stove & fridge.

Jeanjules

Recruit

Hello!

We are the proud owners of a 1987 2860 Rogue. This is our first boat and we love it. Since I plan to winterize it myself, I'm browsing for infos and thank everyone that takes the time to feed us all.

Cheers

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

Hello!

We are the proud owners of a 1987 2860 Rogue. This is our first boat and we love it. Since I plan to winterize it myself, I'm browsing for infos and thank everyone that takes the time to feed us all.

Cheers

Welcome to iBoats, for winterizing if you look in the adults only section it covers it here is a link http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=288430

I was going to tell you that the manuals for Mercruiser are available there too but they seem to have been removed :( . I have the manuals in digital form for the Alpha 1 and gm engines. If you need them I might be able to put them on my companies web site for you to grab ( send me a PM)

Regards, Bill

Roger Lyons

Recruit

Hi all I just wanted to say I am the recent owner of a 1985 25' Cruisers Inc Holiday. We love the layout, it has a bunk set up instead of a v-berth which is great for 2 teenagers who dont like to share lol. We have gotten to use it as much as I would have liked so far this season since I took my dad out and he said as i was getting up on plane " do you hear that metal scraping noise? that dosent sound right" and turns out it wasent, we pulled the outdrive, reached in and just moved the intermediate bearing shaft anyway we wanted it, the good news is that bearings were intact and it dosent look like the housing was damaged, parts are in and we spent the better part of the day today learning how to pull the engine. I just wanted to say that without these forums we would have been clueless (he owns a mercruiser and I had a inboard before) but with the detailed info you can pull up here we at least had a idea what we were getting into and that made it a whole lot smoother so just wanna say Thanks !

Ramcononer

Cadet

1st Post! I am the new owner of a 1984 25' Sea Devil. She is solid and still shines. Clock shows only 90 hours but who knows. Nice layout for fishing. Going to be doing my 1st resto. She won't need much, more like updating and customizing.

Red_BOFUS

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Just singed on a 89' 2970...totally stoked.

jefro

Seaman Apprentice

I am not an owner yet, but may be soon. Looking at buying a 1989 2320 Rogue. One owner boat. Anyone have any suggestions as to any problems to look for, issues...?

bekosh

Lieutenant

Just put my 1992 2870 Rogue in the slip this weekend.
2011-05-15_18-05-27_515.jpg

mjquinn01

Cadet

Hello, I was given a 1972 Cruisers Marlin 22' Cuddy, Ford 302, runs great, cant seem to get the RPM's over 3K, had a 17" prop on it, looked around a little, appears it may take a 15 X 17?? Anyone have any ideas? I'll post a pic soon

siffrin

Recruit

This is my second season with a 1990 Cruisers Holiday 2870, twin 260 HP Mercuisers.
Launched on Weds and out for our first boating this PM. Love the boat----extremely stable, very, very fast and handles well. Would love to get hold of a copy of the original
brochure.

???? Appears as if the boat is pre-wired for a windlass, including dashboard switch. Does anyone know if this is the case??

NAUTI MISCHIEF siffrin@hotmail.com

Im a newbe we have a 07 497 is there any sedan bridge people out there

doc_hall

Cadet

Hey all, brand new to the forum and i just bought a 1976 Cruisers 257 Bar Harbor. Super excited about it.

tj2000

Recruit

I see that there has not been much activity here but I am going to give it a try.
I just bought a 1991 Cruisers Yacht 3070 Rogue. I have never owned a boat this size in fact my current boat is a 1996 Mako 21 foot dual console fishing boat.
My wife and I live in Florida and have love salt water fishing so thats why we have the Mako.
The Crusiers is a beutiful boat and it is in great shape, the previous owner spent about $15,000 on her because he thought he was going to keep her. That wasn't the case so he had to sell her and I bought her. Here is a little description of her:
She has (2) 7.4lr motors (285hrs) with (2) brand new Alpha 3's.
She has been completely re-uhpolstered inside and out.
She has a brand new bottom paint job.
She has a new (1yr old) portable air conditioner.
She has brand new isonglass and brand new Bimini (full upper salon coverage) as well as new side canvas and rear canvas.
She is docked in a spring fed fresh water river marina that is 2-3 miles from the gulf bay
I got one heck of a deal on her about the only thing that got me concerned is piloting her, I have never driven a boat this big and that wieghs around 10,000lbs and about 11 feet wide. When I sit in the captains sofa it looks like I am driving a school bus from the very back seat.
So I will keep you posted to see how it goes, any advise would be greatly appreciatted.

TJ :joyous:

littlebookworm

Chief Petty Officer

Welcome to the forum and to the world of Cruisers. I haven't been on the forum for a while; too many other things going on. We have a 1997 Cruisers 3375 Esprit that we got last season from our daughter and son-in-law. We only used it a half dozen times last season because of lousy weather and family commitments. Unfortunately, I had spinal surgery this past May and was not allowed to do any boating until two weeks ago, so 'Family Affair' has remained shrinkwrapped for the season. Hopefully, April, 2014, will be the start of a good season for us. We're on Long Island, NY, by the way. I have two brothers and a sister who live in Floriday (DeRay and Boynton Beach), but we're staying in NY. There are two Cruisers owners forums on the web, though they don't get as many posts as iBoats or BoaterEd. If you have any questions on the boat or whatever, just ask. Hy

AdilS

Recruit
Hi cruisers yatchs owners. I traded my bike for a 1985 Vee Express with twin Mercruiser 305 230 Hp inboards. I have had it since 2012 when I opened up the engines and found a bent push rod. The rest was ok but I pulled it apart anyway. After 27 years of use i thought it would be best to renew a few things. The storey went on to complete renovation and I lost the luxury of time for 3 years.
So now I finally went back after total renovation of my 1990 Bayliner Capri Bowrider which turns heads. Man it's a mess. I have been organizing for past 3 weeks( an hour or so every other day😏) and trying to find everything I unbolted from the bow to stern. Hope to be in water next year with another head turner😜. Would like to share my project notes as it might help someone someday. Wish me luck and any helpful tips on everything possible will be upreciated.Working on removing rebuilding engines, plumbing, windows(leaks,)electrical, upholstery cover and whatever else is on the boat.

Last edited:
I just recently acquired a 1979 Mackinac 22 as my first boat. Never owned a boat before, so I don't know much (if anything). Decks are solid, absolutely no soft spots. Walked every inch of deck to make sure. No motor when I bought her, was told she takes a Mercruiser 260. Has a pre-alpha Mercruiser outboard. Last registered in 2008. As far as I can tell, she doesn't need any major overhaul (but I am a newb so...) My plans are to just clean her up, drop a motor in, maybe some new deck seats. But as I don't know much, I also plan on having a someone from the local marina come and check her out, just to make sure... I tried to post some pictures, but apparently I'm not authorized to create or remove attachments...

charlescol44

Recruit
Hi, I just run into an interesting page with rather harsh review of San Lorenzo yacht. I found it odd at first because i always respected this brand and saw some of their work in person some time ago. On the other hand time to time Iam running into these kinds of reports which makes me thing that this famous shipyard went downhill a bit. Anybody have a personal experience?

Last edited:

Mell664

Recruit
Hi, I just run into an interesting page with rather harsh review of San Lorenzo yacht. I found it odd at first because i always respected this brand and saw some of their work in person some time ago. On the other hand time to time Iam running into these kinds of reports which makes me thing that this famous shipyard went downhill a bit. Anybody have a personal experience?

Not having a negative experience myself (actually a very pleasant one), I can easily see how these fails are happening. If you use ton of underpaid subcontractors, then the end result is going to be horrible every single time. There is no "hearth" in the project and people don't care about the end result when work being organised this way.