Welcome Cruisers Yachts owners...

logan745

Cadet
Re: Welcome Cruisers Yachts owners...

I've got a 1962 Cruisers Inc 21', but can not for the life of me figure out what model this is... anyone knowledgeable about these that may know? It's not on the title.
You have a sea camper it proable a 20ft & it look's like someone change the windows in the cutty cabin. :) some people call them overnighter's the cutty had a slider window's & not the round port hole!! i have a 1963 sea camper it the only one iv'e seen with a v6 inbroad that came from the factory oncono wis. cruisers inc made them from 1959 to 1965 every one i seen has a outbroad. I'm looking for someone with info on my inbroad??? THANK"S DOUG!!..my pic's of the boat before the restore..http://s256.photobucket.com/albums/hh168/homeboy745/boat/?albumview=slideshow

smfeight

Cadet

Hello fellow Cruiser's owners. We have a 1980 25' Gran Bateau. It is a beautiful old cabin cruiser, alot of space, nice lines and some wood. Not like all those new white look the same boats. Will try to post pics soon.

Riegfrghtl

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Hello fellow cruiser's owners. I have a 1972 21' Bonanza with a mercruiser 888. It has a little more than 1100 hrs on motor and outdrive and runs like it is brand new. This boat has been in family since 1980 and wouldn't part with it. Motor has never been touched other than regular oil changes and tune-ups. I have done minor cosmetic fixes and reupolstered the seats. This coming spring will do good detailing to try to buff out oxidation on hull. I have had this boat 20 miles off the coast of ocean city , new jersey fishing for blues and boat performed like a champ. She may be old but I don't think they build new like this one!!

rayschein

Recruit

Mine is old but still solid, I'm in the process of restoring her.

I am also restoring a 1979 GRAN BATEAU, DID YOU FIND A WIRING DIAGRAM ANYWHERE?
AND DO YOU HAVE ANY PICTURES???

Ray Schein
Springdale, Arkansas

love1u0

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I am also restoring a 1979 GRAN BATEAU, DID YOU FIND A WIRING DIAGRAM ANYWHERE?
AND DO YOU HAVE ANY PICTURES???

Ray Schein
Springdale, Arkansas

I do not have a wiring diagram but I can take pictures of whatever you need.

Chris

cmgusa

Recruit

Hello everyone! Not sure if this thread is dead, but I will give it a shot. My wife and I just purchased a 2000 Cruisers Yachts 3375 in August and we love it. She has twin 7.4L MPI Gen VI Inboards with 500 hrs and a Kohler genset. I hope to learn from all of you regarding troubleshooting/taking care of her. I have a long list of projects prior to putting her in the water again, but this class of boat is new to me--upgraded from an 18 ft SR bowrider. To date I need to replace the seawater pumps, fix my freedom windlass (pressure arm), replace the chartplotter, get new canvas, replace the bilge pump, maybe replace the gasket on the intake manifolds, (I say this because of some excess steam/smoke coming from the starboard exhaust port) and give her a good scrubbing. Looking forward to some elbow grease before she's ready for cruising. Thanks in advance.

RadioguyJ

Cadet

Have you checked out the Cruisers Yachts forums? It's a great resource and you can ask people from Cruisers your questions, too. Definitely worth checking in to. cruisersyachtsownersclub.com

billdee

Recruit

Hello:
Just purchased an 87 Cruisers 260 Holiday boat. Looking for any and all information/comments on this boat especially from owners. Also looking for spects on replacement tops. Any and all information greatly appreciated.

winner228

Seaman Apprentice

hi guys just bought a 79 grand beteau it has rot in the engine room like crazy :eek: goin to reglass her soon. how are these boats on fuel and how stong are they.

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

hi guys just bought a 79 grand beteau it has rot in the engine room like crazy :eek: goin to reglass her soon. how are these boats on fuel and how stong are they.

Hey Winner228 Welcome to the "Proud Cruiser Owners Club" They are pretty strong boats, I have 2 Cruisers I am presently Rebuilding. One is a 73 total restore the other is a 84 re-power job.

If the boat has rot in the bilge area be ready to replace stringers, deck etc. You might want to take a look my link to my 73 restore in my signature.

pwollsch

Recruit

Greetings to all! This is my first post. :)

I own a 1988 VeeSport 2660 with an OMC 460 Cobra. It's my first. :rolleyes:

I have a 1987 Veesport 2660 with OMC 460 Cobra... my first too!!

Looking for help restoring the seals on the windshield (weather strip or caulk??)

25thmustang

Lieutenant Commander

1987 297 Elegante owner as of this past week!

essikr

Recruit

New to Forum, 2nd Cruisers Inc boat.Sea trial next week on 1984 297 Avanti Vee. First twin engine ,anxious to take her out.

I Have a 1973 cruisers mackinac that Iam restoring and she is almost mechanically ready to go ! I was told it hasnt been in the water in 20 years. It has the straight 6 and I have ran it for afew hours and sounding good. Outfitting it with the modern things like microwave, toaster oven...making the head into a shower combo...computer, GPS, sound system and TV...power converter...adding a hard top and reworking the rear of the boat into something much more functional. Hope to hear from you !

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

I Have a 1973 cruisers mackinac that Iam restoring and she is almost mechanically ready to go ! I was told it hasnt been in the water in 20 years. It has the straight 6 and I have ran it for afew hours and sounding good. Outfitting it with the modern things like microwave, toaster oven...making the head into a shower combo...computer, GPS, sound system and TV...power converter...adding a hard top and reworking the rear of the boat into something much more functional. Hope to hear from you !

Welcome to iboats Randall :) You will find its full of good people Always willing to help

Your project Sounds Awesome !!!! You have to post some pics, we love pics. I am in the middle of restoring 2 Cruiser Inc. boats, a 73 and a 84. I do love the way they where built :).

Re: Cruisers 1975 22' Mackinaw

Re: Cruisers 1975 22' Mackinaw

Of all my dumb luck to find another person on this site restoring the same boat that I am.
I was given this boat last week. It has no motor, the interior has been exposed to the elements and it was a rodent/squirrel HI Express of some sorts as well.
It seems like it could be restored and I want to give it a try but first I need to know what a replacement engine is going to run me.
I have the brochure from Cruisers telling me the various recommended engines, a couple searches on craigslist and ebay didn't turn up much but I really don't know what my parameters are for the engine such as what year range would fit in this boat.
Any advice/recommendations from you will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Iam very mechanical and a natural engineer. Be creative ! Its a INBOARD ! Your engine is your desire for the most part...all you have to worry about is matching it to your outdrive. If your doing it with some sweat its nothing...if your paying someone its another. Oh...you have squirrels...hmmm...I had the entire populatation of mice of the state of Wisconsin...in theory. Iam not kidding when I say I hauled out more than a 55 gallon drum of mouse cushion and pine cone frags. It was unreal. Mine hadnt been in the water for 20 years and NOTHING work...hell not even the cabin door. I fixed most things during winter and it wasnt pretty. Through all the effort its almost ready to put in the water...with all the modern things added. My gal is a remarkable cook..but she is going to give up her bikini as a maiden voyage flag for all the work I put into it. :)

Godfirst

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hows it going everyone...

Have a 87' Cruisers 24 sport vee euro cuddy 5.7 alpha 1 I/O. Real happy with the boat I like euro cuddys look like bowriders no bowrails and have a 2 man sleeper been a fixer upper and now its basically done now its time to enjoy some time on the water.

Cruisers460

Cadet

Nice to see a few Cruisers on here, 1987 Holiday 26. Just converted the outdrive from Cobra to Volvo Duoprop. In the trial runs it sure makes for a nicer boat!Now I've just got to get all the old shift junk tossed!

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

Hi Godfirst-Good to hear your finished fixing and going to start the enjoyment stage of your Cruiser :)

Hi Cruisers460-
Welcome to iBoats , you'll find there is a great bunch of folk here with a huge amount of knowledge always willing to help

There are a few of us Cruisers inc owners on here. I love Cruisers so much I actually own 2 :D

Cruisers460

Cadet

Thanks HVAC, must be something about Long Island that makes you want one, thats where the wife is from and after walking through the Cruisers it was the only choice for her.The only thing that came close was a Sea Ray that was newer and a tad longer. The headroom won out on the Cruisers though. Of course if we lived close to the water.....a 37' Egg might just win out!