Welcome Cruisers Yachts owners...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome Cruisers Yachts owners...

Mine is old but still solid, I'm in the process of restoring her.
    1997 Bayliner 2655
    5.7ltr Serial #K197245
    Alpha 1 Gen 2 Serial #K048006

Re: Welcome Cruisers Yachts owners...

Ok, c'mon now, I know I do not own the only Cruisers on this board.

1997 Bayliner 2655
    5.7ltr Serial #K197245
    Alpha 1 Gen 2 Serial #K048006

Comment

336 Ultra Vee owner here. do you know where I could get a wiring diagram for such a boat?

Comment

1990 Rogue 3070... very happy with it...
        2001 Wellcraft Martinique 3300, twin 7.4L Horizons 370hp, Inboards

Comment

Originally posted by love1u0 View Post
          Ok, c'mon now, I know I do not own the only Cruisers on this board.

I have a 69 Mackinac 22' that I am in the process of restoring.

Comment

Old Tyme--I've got a '75 Cruiser Mackinac I'm doing the same thing on. How's yours going? I expect I'll be looking for advice on engine replacements here pretty soon, but I just ripped out the last of the brown velour and wood from the interior yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Tyme View Post
              I have a 69 Mackinac 22' that I am in the process of restoring.
              I'd be interested to compare notes during our respective projects

Comment

I don't have much to do with the interior other than a good cleaning.
                The boat does need paint and there is a section of wood that needs to be replaced above the side window that the trim fastens to.
                The biggest thing was the engine. I had pulled it out to clean the cylinder
                bores. The engine is back in but I haven't re-attached all the wiring, etc and the out drive is still in my shed. I will have to post some pics of what it looked like when I got. Not much has changed cosmetically as I haven't been doing anything with it.

We will need to compare notes when (if) I restart the project.

Brian
                West Michigan

Comment

Ok. I found a same-model replacement engine (188hp Mercruiser/Ford 302)through craigslist and have it in my garage now. Once I get a decent day here, I'll try to rip the old one out and clean out the compartment. See what kind of nightmare it might be dropping the other one in.

The interior was so dirty on mine, and I don't know what's residing in the 30+ year old velvet and curtains that I just ripped it all out. Might try updating the interior a bit.

Good luck if you get back to it.

Comment

Hi,..I have Cruisers Mackinac that I would like to find where I can get the most information I can find. It's 22' with a 3.8 L engine. Finding info on a boat this old has been difficult. The model number on the id plate reads "22721". Does the 72 stand for the year of the boat? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by mvinct View Post
                      Hi,..I have Cruisers Mackinac that I would like to find where I can get the most information I can find.
                      Hi,

Not sure on what type of info you need but, when I got my 1969 Mackinac, I sent an e-mail to to Cruisers Yachts requesting info. After a few days, they sent me a copy of the original sales brochure.

You might want to give that a try.

Good Luck!
                      Brian

Comment

Cruisers 1975 22' Mackinaw

Of all my dumb luck to find another person on this site restoring the same boat that I am.
                        I was given this boat last week. It has no motor, the interior has been exposed to the elements and it was a rodent/squirrel HI Express of some sorts as well.
                        It seems like it could be restored and I want to give it a try but first I need to know what a replacement engine is going to run me.
                        I have the brochure from Cruisers telling me the various recommended engines, a couple searches on craigslist and ebay didn't turn up much but I really don't know what my parameters are for the engine such as what year range would fit in this boat.
                        Any advice/recommendations from you will be greatly appreciated.
                        Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by mvinct View Post
                          Hi,..I have Cruisers Mackinac that I would like to find where I can get the most information I can find. It's 22' with a 3.8 L engine. Finding info on a boat this old has been difficult. The model number on the id plate reads "22721". Does the 72 stand for the year of the boat? Any information would be greatly appreciated.
                          My '69 22' Mac has the same model# as yours. It has the Mercruiser 160.

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i4...c_pg_2of_2.jpg
                          http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i4..._pg_1_of_2.jpg
                          Last edited by Old Tyme; August 10th, 2008, 10:53 PM. Reason: Images too big

Comment

Greetings to all! This is my first post.

I own a 1988 VeeSport 2660 with an OMC 460 Cobra. It's my first.
                            1988 Cruisers Inc. VeeSport 2660
                            OMC 460 King Cobra
                            Holley 4bbl 4160 marine carb

Comment

Greetings and hallucinations!!!
                              I have a 1978 Cruisers Mackinac (Model 227) that I am restoring.
                              I lucked out and found this thing and picked up boat, trailer, engine and all for a song. (less than a grand!)
                              I am currently reassembling the engine and have some minor cosmetic things to fix.
                              I'm hoping to be on the water this summer and can't WAIT to see how she handles.
                              So far Cruisers has been an excellent source of info for this project.
                              Hope to post some pics when I can.
                              m/v "April Fool"
                              1978 Cruisers, Inc. Mackinac
                              GM/OMC 305
                              OMC 800 Outdrive

Comment

Working...
                              X