Crownline 250CR 2004 Model- Difficulty getting on plane

I recently bought a 2004 cruiser. It's an awesome looking boat but I am having issues getting it on plane. The Engine has 600 hrs on it but has been appropriately serviced and is in solid condition. I have factory trim tabs that don't work very well even after being repaired recently. When just 2 or 4 of us are on the boat is runs adequately but additional riders just won't allow the nose to go down. When I closed on the boat from dealer the previous owner had filled the hull with Mud bags. Looking back I probably should not have removed them. Has anyone else had issues with this model being especially off balance. If so, any advice on how to remedy these issues?

alldodge

Staff member
I recently bought a 2004 cruiser. It's an awesome looking boat but I am having issues getting it on plane. The Engine has 600 hrs on it but has been appropriately serviced and is in solid condition. I have factory trim tabs that don't work very well even after being repaired recently. When just 2 or 4 of us are on the boat is runs adequately but additional riders just won't allow the nose to go down. When I closed on the boat from dealer the previous owner had filled the hull with Mud bags. Looking back I probably should not have removed them. Has anyone else had issues with this model being especially off balance. If so, any advice on how to remedy these issues?

:welcome: to iboats

What in the world are mud bags and why would anyone leave them in the boat