2011 Crownline 260 Cuddy - changing sea water pump 8.2L motor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 Crownline 260 Cuddy - changing sea water pump 8.2L motor

8.2 L engine - 2011 26' Cuddy. Dealer indicates the motor has to be pulled to change/inspect the sea water pump. Is this correct? It looks pretty tight where the pump is but PULL THE MOTOR! Holey moley that can't be right can it.
    Comments.

Hi there, Any pictures or video of your sea water pump "area / surroundings" to help get an idea ?

Unfortunately' sometimes the engine does have to come up or out to gain access to certain items plus with the new 8.2's being big and bulky like they are, makes it a bit more difficult to work down there.
    OEM Quality Gear Lubes And Greases Available @ iboats.com - BOAT SPECS - FORUM GUIDELINES - Volvo, OMC & Merc Stern Drive Technical Information For DIYers. - OEM VOLVO PARTS POWERED BY iBOATS.COM - All OEM Parts / Parts Lookup Now Available Through iboats.com -

Comment

I kind of doubt it, but it may be the judgement call on the dealer's part.

I would think that it would add quite a bit of cost to a common maintenance procedure. You could check with Crownline for their comments.
      Best regards, Ted . . . . Cape Cod, MA

Formula 330 Sun Sport, O'Day Mariner Sail #3224, Sunfish
      Past Boats: Catalina 22 Sail #10531, Formula 242 Sun Sport
      Twin Mercruiser 7.4 LX MPI (0F802036, 039), Bravo 3's (0F806198, 199), Mercury 7.5 HP (1969), Johnson 4.5 HP (1980)

My Boating Web Pages: http://www.tpenfield.com

Member of the Month - February 2013

Comment

I would think it would be easier to remove the surrounding structure. Yours is probably a lot different than mine but I remove the supports for the sundeck to get to my sea water pump.
        83 Sunrunner 16.5 120 merc Alpha 1 drive SOLD 8/1/13

1996 Crownline 202BR
        5.7l EFI 0f791070
        Bravo I drive

GMC Yukon tow rig

Comment

Working...
        X