Crownline xs 19

ManDak

Recruit
We recently sold our pair of jetskis and in the market for a nice starter family boat. We looked at crownlines 2013 sx 19 outboard with a 150 merc at the boat show this past weekend and would like to hear how the quality compares to the other major boats, bayliner, rinker, etc. We don't have much expert knowledge of boats other than our friends are more into the fishing boats buying the rangers and warrior brands. We are looking for a decent quality boat that will last through the years as our kids are young 4 and 6 and want to be able to ski, tube, cruise the lake etc. Read as many reviews as I can find on the internet, mostly good for what I could find but would like some first hand reviews of crownline owners. Any info would greatly be appreciated.

Slip Away

Lieutenant
Re: Crownline xs 19

.....Sorry, not a Crownline owner, but a boater for 20 years, I hope that is okay. Crownline makes a darn good boat. Since you are looking at their first ever outboard powered boat, older Crownline issues need not be brought up. I was impressed with the way the did the 19XS. U shaped seating is a neat idea on a 19'er. Narrow beam though, but adequate.

If you are looking new, also look at Monterey's first ever bowrider the 197FS. More room than the Crownie, wider beam, and equal if not better fit and finish to the 19XS.

tpenfield

Staff member

I would put crownline a bit above the brands that you have mentioned (bayliner & rinker). Maybe good comparisons would be regal, monterey, sea ray, chaparral, four winns.

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

I am a Crownline owner but to be honest that means nothing to you, Crownline went out of Business a couple years ago and are a completely new company, the old Crownline I would defend to the end, top notch boats I would put up against Cobalt or any other make on the water, that being said the new Crownline has had its issues, Quality fit and finish have been at the top of the list, a vast majority of new owners are very happy however there are those that have had issues. Like any new boat most of your issues will be resolved with your specific dealer and so you would be well advised to check your dealer references as much as your manufacturer, Your dealer is very Important.