Good deal? 27k for 2006 240 EX....

seemetalk

Recruit
Thinking of going to take a look at this 2006 Crownline and wanted a 2nd opinion. I don't see too many Crownlines on LKN.....more Chaps and SeaRays.

2006 Crownline 240 EX - REDUCED!

For Sale - 2006 Crownline 240 EX deck boat.

Beautiful, fully loaded, one owner boat with 260hp 5.0L Volvo Penta duoprop - 220 hours. Boat has been exclusively used on Lake Norman in North Carolina, never been used in saltwater. Originally purchased at Lake Norman Marina. Boat has been kept in dry storage since new, NEVER BEEN STORED IN THE WATER! It's currently housed at Crown Harbor Dry Storage in Cornelius, NC.

Features:
-12V Receptacle
-Aft Convertible Sun Lounge with Stainless Steel Safety Rail
-Anchor/Rope Storage Compartment with Protective Mat
-Automatic Bilge Pump with Manual Override
-Color-Keyed Bow and Cockpit Canvas
-Color-Keyed Stand-Up Bimini Top
-Carpet - Snap-In Carpet (Berber)
-Chrome/Brass Thru-Hull Fittings
-Cleats - (6) Stainless Steel 6 in. Pull Up Cleats (Includes 2 Mid-Ship)
-Cockpit Table, Portable with 2 Bases
-CO2 Detector
-Cooler - Bow Cooler with Drain
-Cooler - Easy Access Carry-On Insulated Cooler
-Curved Glass 3-Piece Walk-Thru Windshield
-Depth Sounder with Outside Air and Water Temperature
-Diamond Anti-Skid Surface
-Dual Battery Switch
-Electric Horn
-Engine Hour Meter
-Extended Swim Platform - Full length wrap-around with Handle and 4 Step Boarding Ladder with Diamond Non-Skid and Etched Logo
-F.A.S.T. Tab?, Vented Hull Chine with Reversed Chines and Delta Performance Pad
-Fiberglass Engine Cover with Service Step
-Fire Extinguisher
-Flush Fit Bow Closeout Door
-Full Instrumentation - Deluxe Reduced Glare Gauges With Stainless Steel Bezels
-Galley w/Sink, Poly Counter Top, Sea Rail and Storage & Additional 12V Receptacle
-Gelcoat - Two-tone Premium Armorcote Gelcoat Pattern (Narrow Band) or Solid Moonstone
-Glassliner - Fully Integrated Bow and Cockpit Fiberglass Liner
-Pump Out Head Enclosed with Light
-Opening Screened Port Light
-Sink with Shower
-In-Floor Lockable Ski and Kneeboard Storage with Hinged Lids and Removable Protective Pad, and Additional Ski Storage Under Starboard Bow Cushions
-Ladder - Hidden Telescoping Stainless Steel 4 Step Ladder at Bow
-Laserwave Dash Insert
-Lighting - Courtesy Lights
-Lighting - Fully Recessed Docking Lights
-Pressurized Water System with 15 gal. Freshwater Tank
-Rack and Pinion Steering
-Seats - 2 Adjustable Flip-Up Buckets with Tri-Tech Suspension and Color Matched Shields with Logos
-Seats - Wrap Around Seating
-Stainless Steel Cup holders
-Stainless Steel Grab Handles
-Stainless Steel Hardware and Ski Tow Rail
-Stainless Steel Shocks for Engine Hatch and Lids
-Stainless Steel Welded Bow Rail - 1 in. Diameter, 316 l Stainless
-Stereo - Alpine 1 Disc Player with iPod hookup at Helm w/extra wireless waterproof remote, Sirius Satellite Ready, 4 Sony Marine Speakers, Rockford Fosgate Mono Subwoofer Amp, 1 12" Alpine Type-R Subwoofer in enclosure.
-Tilt Steering Wheel

I don't currently own a trailer for the boat. The trailer in the picture DOES NOT come with the boat. However, I currently have a dry dock slot in Cornelius, NC and can negotiate storage with purchase if desired. ($2600 value)

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral
Re: Good deal? 27k for 2006 240 EX....

the only concerns I have is that is a lot of boat for a 5.0 and thats a lot of money for a boat with no trailer.

Can't do a whole bunch with the motor but you could certainly negotiate price for the trailer. What are your plans for this boat? Do you like to go fast? or are you more of a cruiser? this boat will not go fast with a decent load on board, the 5.0 is a good motor but the build weight and your load are going to show the limitations of the 5.0 pretty clearly. The duo prop outdrive will certainly help water sports and I think you will be fine there but I think if your a speed guy this may not be your boat. I'm thinking mid 40's with 5 adults on board but I may be mistaken, all told it looks like a very nice boat though, the 5.0 is a good motor, it just has limitations in a boat this size, I'm a bit puzzled as to why Crownline even offered it in this boat except possibly it was the owners request, I would expect at least a 350/350 MAG which would be great motors for this boat 300-350 HP.