Crownline 275 CCR water heater access?

jhall0828

Recruit
Just got our '05 275 CCR this summer, and I have stuck my head down in every hole I can find but can't see where the water heater is located. Can anyone tell me where it is and how to access it?

v8mike

Recruit
Re: Crownline 275 CCR water heater access?

It's located behind the fridge. You have to take the fridge out (4 screws) to get to it.

Mike

jhall0828

Recruit

Thanks Mike! Figured it had to be in that general area, but wasn't sure and didn't know how much would have to be removed to get to it. Its probably easier to get to there than standing on your head if it was back in the engine compartment.

v8mike

Recruit

I took it out on mine because it was a permanent reason for bad smell. I only boat when it?s warm so I do not need how water on the boat. The "cold" freshwater tank is easy to keep odorless, but the water heater was a permanent source of germs. Now that it?s out the water smells o.k. even after months in the tank.

Cheers

Mike

P.S. missing the weight of the tank now, though... the boat leans to the starboard side now. As a compensation I load the under-seat compartment of the left side of the cockpit full of water bottles, and always keep the freshwater tank full. Then it?s o.k.

Sauerzbr

Cadet

Where do they put the air conditioner in the 275ccr? Can one be retrofitted into the boat afterward?

Thanks ahead of time for your assistance!

jhall0828

Recruit

The A/C unit is in the same area behind the fridge. It looks like you would be able retrofit one in afterwards in the same area. The water intake is all the way back in the engine compartment.

Sauerzbr

Cadet

Thanks! Do you know what AC unit they used and btu size? Appreciate your time!