Crownline Roll Call!!

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral
Just figured I would call all Crownies since this forum has gone quiet lately and Spring is coming! So Who has them and what do you have?

I have a 2000 248BR 454 MPI Bravo III white with tan trim and I live south of Denver Colorado.

75TowerOfPower

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Crownline Roll Call!!

Looking at a 202 or a 225 in the 1997 year range. Looking at a bow rider.

Great looking boats, how do they ride in rougher water?

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

Crownlines are heavier boats that are rarely underpowered, they do very well in rough water, I think you will be very happy with the performance of either a 202 or a 225 but I would go for the 225, may as well get the two foot itis out of the way immediately you know!!

DEAN22

Recruit

I just bought a 2000 crownline 248 ccr. Does anyone know where I can get an owners manual for this model. Also, the boat has a 5.7L 300 hp with Bravo 111 drive. Anyone know how fast this boat will go and how it performs in rough water?
Thanks for any advice.

Maddoxsdaddy

Petty Officer 1st Class

Answering roll call sir!
Proud owner of a '95 210 CCR on a 2006 Venture aluminum trailer. 5.7L 250hp Merc w/Alpha 1 Gen2 outdrive. It'll roll about 45 on a good flat day. Last time out (Labor day last year), i noticed the captain's chair lean back a little when we hit a large wake. Much to my dismay, i found out the floor under the seat was rotted. So, thus begins the deck replacement project. Hopefully it won't be too bad and there won't be anything except for that one spot rotten. Even with that, i still love my baby.

mciaio

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I just made an offer on a 1992 CR 250, Bravo II 454, dual axle trailer. I expect the offer to be accepted, we can hope anyway.

SPOONMAN1

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I am on my second Crownline, the 1st was a 97 202 BR with a 7.4 OMC King Cobra, remarkable boat. But I purchased it with ignorance of OMC. So I used it a summer then sold it for my investment and purchased a 93 196 BR with a Merc. 5.0 for considerably less $. It was perfect for my family and the lake we run on, until 2 years later it too let the driver seat lean back. I have been messing with it for a year now and am finally biting the bullet and will be paying $2000 to have the deck revoved and replaced new from the hull up including engine mounts and hopfully not the transom. The older Crownlines, like alot of the sport boats were made to sell, but to only last through the warranty,. It is a beutiful boat and I was told it was stored inside, as I do. Oh well, sometime chicken and sometime feathers. I still love the looks and performance of the Crownlines and hopefully with this fix it will last for years to come.

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

I had nearly given up hope that there was any Crownies left here at I boats so I have been over on the HQ for Crownie oriented discussions, I to am on my second Crownline my first was a 92 196 BR, but I really wanted a 23'-24' boat for Powell with a big motor, I had looked on Craigslist and a few other sites, a friend had me real interested in a 266 BR in Nebraska. I found out about search tempest and tried it, Low and behold I found my 248 within 100 miles from my house in mint condition, Told the wife and daughter we were taking a road trip(they knew nothing about it), as I drove up the PO was pulling it out of the garage......My wife was somewhat concerned!! but after she layed on the rear sundeck she just looked at me and said ok! Of course I wanted a test drive but that was no issue.

burp

Petty Officer 1st Class

I'm on my second Crownline as well. First one was a new 1998 202BR with a Volvo 5.7L engine and SX outdrive. Currently have a 2003 266CCR with a Merc 496MAG / Bravo 3 outdrive running XR props.

For 75TowerOfPower.....The 202BR is a nice boat but can get a little rough in choppy water. A 225BR handles rough water a little better. Crownlines built since 1998 use XL rated plywood which has a lifetime warranty against rot. Older models need to be looked over for soft spots in the flooring and around the motor mounts as they did not use the XL plywood. The in dash cooler on the port side is best used as a glove compartment. If used as a cooler, the ice melts pretty fast. Over all the 202BR is a nice boat with plenty of storage space. The entire rear bench seat will tip/flip forward for better/increased access around the engine and access to the fuel sending unit.

For Dean22..... The 248CCR should do quite well in rough water as it is the little brother to the 266. The owners manuals tend to be very generic and are not boat model specific. The current version of the owners manual can be downloaded from the Crownline website. The 248 will handle quite nice with the Bravo 3 outdrive. Bravo 3 XR props (4 blade front prop and 3 blade rear prop) will make the boat really pop up on plane. I have scanned my 2003 owners manual and can e-mail it to you if you would like it.

DEAN22

Recruit

Thanks for the reply burp, plz email me your owners manual to dlaynas05@comcast.net. What is the top speed of your 266 CCR? Also, do you have any sagging in your headliner in the cabin?

burp

Petty Officer 1st Class

Dean, You have e-mail.....top speed GPS, 51 MPH. No sags in the cabin headliner.

uguser3

Recruit

2007 Crownline 19SS present
boat2.jpg

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

Nice uguser nearly the same colors as mine too

Dayzauf II

Recruit

We just bought a 2007 250CR. This will be our first summer with a cuddy. Looking forward to some nights on the hook.

75TowerOfPower

Petty Officer 1st Class

Here is our '97 202 - Rides awesome, we are really looking forward to this summer.

IMG_1141.jpg

100MEDIA_IMAG0013.jpg

shoestring

Petty Officer 2nd Class

i'm a crownie! '05 br-202 5.0 alpha. i love it! so. cal. I mean i love my boat! so cal not so much.:eek:

barry wayne

Recruit

Bought Labor Day weekend 2010, 2005 206LS, mercruiser 4.3 MPI. Love it so far.

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

Labor day? you must be in Florida you lucky dog!!