Seat Base Placement

racaross

Recruit
I am looking to replace an older Fish & Ski. I have looked at the Crestliner Sportfish as a good design that can provide for my fishing needs but also let me take the grand kids out for watersports. However I am concerned by one aspect of its design.That is the placement of the two pedestal seat bases in the rear of the boat. Most fishing I do is for bass. Typically there is only one person in the back. In most boats I have fished from there is one seat at the center which gives the guy in the back the ability to cast out to either side as we work up and down a bank or are fishing in some cover. The Sportfish design puts the seat bases out at the sides. I would think that would be inconvenient for the guy at the back. He could have his seat to one side then needs to go to the other side as we change directions or some cover presents itself to that other side.
I would like to hear from some owners who have this design to let me know about their experiences. Thank You.

pmillar

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Seat Base Placement

If you wanted, you could probably install a seat base in the middle and ignore the two factory installed bases on the side. Just a thought... (I mostly just stand up there so no comment re. the seat base location)