open bow Comfort.... any suggestions?

Uncle Paul

Seaman Apprentice
I have a 1988 Phantom open bow......My wife like's to ride up front, but has a hard time getting comfortable. The boat has the original bench seats (cushions over the storage areas) that face each other in the open bow. Both of us like to face forward when up front, but there is no back support or cushion in front of the windshield. Makes it tough getting comfortable when facing forward. any ideas or suggestions on what to change would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Uncle Paul

solar7647

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: open bow Comfort.... any suggestions?

Cut a piece of ply wood to the size you would like, go to your local fabric or hobby store and get some 2 or 3 inch thick foam and glue it to the wood. Then get some vinel the color you want and rap the wood and cushion and staple the fabric in place on the back side. Then you need to get a couple screws and screw it in place to the boat in front of the wind shield. They sell buttons the screw goes through so when you screw it through the cushion it doesn't just rip the fabric and then a button snaps onto it to cover the screw. If that makes sence, I will try to google it so you can see what I mean.

Like this...hope link works
http://store.remsinfo.com/misc.-har...tml?secureID=dae7d01c354ad3cba5b87af0f8ee692f