1994 196 Phantom sst Pump troubles

harley27

Cadet
Recently bought this boat and took it out for a week. Found out after a heavy downpour the bilge doesn't work. Pump runs but does not pump. Also the live wells don't work.. My question is does anybody know of the direct replacement pumps and any tips for replacing them? I also need a new speedometer probe. Thanks in advance

Matt

harley27

Cadet
Re: 1994 196 Phantom sst Pump troubles

update got both pumps out but want to smack the engineer who didn't allow better access and cut the hoses so short. Have no idea how I'm going to get them back in. Might have to take apart the rear interior section. Also found the speedo pitots on ebay for 5 bucks each. ordered the new pumps from I -boats so again any tricks or tips would be appreciated for install

eric hall

Cadet
Re: 1994 196 Phantom sst Pump troubles

I have a Crestliner 2160 sst(2001) I have just replaced both the auto bilge pump and the manually switched pump. Both are under the rear floor section its a bit of a job. How they planned it you should have to take out both centre floor panels,but what I did I took allthe screws out of the starboard (right hand side) rear panel mine has the main battery switch attached and the rear seat. Then instead of sliding the floor panel forward move it sideways towards the right and out,it saves removing the steps and whole lot more.When the floor is out its a simple job.The wiring is easy the smaller pump has a direct feed from the battery via fuse,it also has a manual overide switch.The other pump is larger and is a manually switched pump only. As for the live bait wells mine are disconnected.I dont know if any of this helps,I appreciate they are different boats but there may be something that helps.Good luck

zman6

Recruit
Reviving this old thread. I also have a 94 Phantom SST and need to repair/replace the bilge pump and live well pump.

I'm trying to find out how to gain access? Unfortunately the OP did not say how he did it.