Gas Gauge Not Working.........

flocknocker

Recruit
My buddy has an 01' Sportfish 1750. The gas guage hasn't worked in awhile and he can't seem to get an answer on where the tank and sending unit is. Even some dealers can't answer the question.......go figure on that. Anyway, if anybody knows we just need to find out so we can replace it. The boat only has about 25-30 hours on it and we plan on adding hours to it real it soon but dont want to paddle back.......

rndn

Commander
Re: Gas Gauge Not Working.........

Welcome to the iboats.com boating forum!!:):)
There should be a round plastic cover that will unscrew located in the floor, somewhere along the centerline of the boat. The fuel tank sending unit should be right there.

flocknocker

Recruit

I called him and he said there is no cover on the floor. Only one he has is the one for the bilge pump and live well pump by the motor.

Boatist

Rear Admiral

Mine is also right in the center of the floor. It has a black 8 inch hole that has a black plug that just pops out with a screw driver.

kenshomi

Recruit

I hve a 04 175 Scout sportfish - just pulled it out for the summer - dead fuel gauge!!! looked in the access hatch in the console - no sending unit I could see. I'll check back by the Bilge but have no idea why it would be there. If I can't figure it out I'll call Scout on Monday.

EnonEye

Recruit

Same here... ran out yesterday with gauge showing 1/2 tank. What's the fix? How?

raddog36123

Recruit

Same here... ran out yesterday with gauge showing 1/2 tank. What's the fix? How?

i have a 1996 crestliner 1650 fishhawk sc and mine is just forward of where that black cover/access hole for the bilge pump is which is right in front of the motor. my sending unit is right in the center of the boat which is the center of the gas tank. on mine i have to remove the floor panel right there to access my gas tank. hope it helps.