Re: Post a picture of your Crestliner

here is my 2011 superhawk 1700
newboat2.jpg

newboat6.jpg

newboat3.jpg

NathanY

Commander

Nathan your boat looks like the same hull and similar windshield design to mine, except yours is taller and lacks the metal pedestal base. This gives you better visibility. There are more photos in my build thread.

What do you mean the metal pedestal base? I went back and looked at my title and my boat is a 1994 SportFish 1750. I thought it was a 95 but it isnt. I have taken all the sport out of the boat and now its just a Fish 1750. The doors on the front deck had cushions on them when you opened them for seats and it had a bench seat across the back. I removed about 200lbs of seats and cushions. Didnt do it to get more speed or anything like that, I just dont do any skiing or wakeboarding, I use my boat strictly for fishing, and the cushions were going to get ruined from fish slime, hooks, and being stepped on with shoes and boots. I love this boat. It fishes a lot better than my Lowe did.

boatnut74

Lieutenant Commander

1990 17' Crestliner Phantom with '89 110 evinrude and 9.9 johnson kicker

2011-05-15092241.jpg

kgsmeatman

Cadet

Heres a couple of pics of Our Crestliners One is going to be a Restore on a 1967 Norseman 19ft Daycruiser and the other is Our main Fishing Boat, 1987 Nordic 21Ft on the Left....GOOD TIMES! :)

Attachments

• 67Crestliner after wash 0622000655.jpg
    67Crestliner after wash 0622000655.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 6
  • 1967Crestliner after wash front  0622000655.jpg
    1967Crestliner after wash front 0622000655.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 6
  • Crestliner Nordic0510000631a.jpg
    Crestliner Nordic0510000631a.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 6

Icyharp

Petty Officer 1st Class

Here is our new arrival a '87 Rampage 205 Cuddy, Alpha 1, with the 350 Magnum / Silent Choice exhaust and a few other extras.

chilling.jpg

Last edited:

pmillar

Petty Officer 1st Class

Nice looking boat and trailer. And yours came with the very useful optional forward gun (cannon) openings.:D

Icyharp

Petty Officer 1st Class

Nice looking boat and trailer. And yours came with the very useful optional forward gun (cannon) openings.:D

LOL never thought of them that way, when it quits raining here I will put in a couple more pics, thanks for the comp

fletcher123

Seaman

Anybody have late model yr 2010 and 11 warranty issues on their crestliners? I am assuming yes because I seen a lot of them jerry rigged together from factory. Worked at factory before shutting down and moving to new location to lund factory(down sizing) also was announced they were discontinuing pontoons at that time . Most issues would of been screws/bolts missing studs, wrong screws, floors not installed correctly. hinges,doors misaligned not seating properly. custom fabed wiring harnesses, bad bed liner coating adhesion, bad welding or misaligned floor trusses. misaligned consoles. flotation foam pre soaked for your safety....Boats would sometimes sit for days in rain after foam poured before assembly. I'm sorry to post these things. there is many more things but these are just off the top of my head. If you have one and works like it should great but wanted to just give a warning to maybe stay away from buying late 2010's-early 2011's especially at those prices. As far as the tritons they were put together good the best to my knowledge.

3dees

Cadet

my new VT19. no issues so far. seems to be put together really well. same boat as the Triton VT19. different seats and name.

Attachments

• boat sm 1.jpg
    boat sm 1.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 1
  • vt sm 6.jpg
    vt sm 6.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 1

pmillar

Petty Officer 1st Class

Nice looking boat there. Out of curiosity, is that a rebadged Triton, or is the Triton a rebadged Crestliner? I'm guessing the former.

3dees

Cadet

well, I know that Triton stopped making thier own tin boats. the two are made in the same factory and seeing that the old Tritons had modified pad hulls, I'm guessing they just rebadged the Crestliner. I have seen 5 year old Crestliner CX19's that except for the console and other minor differences they are pretty much the same boat as mine. by the way they are both owned by Brunswick.

Frayed_Knot

Seaman Apprentice

Here are some pics of mine. '96 sportfish 1750 - 130HP evinrude. Picked it up last Fall and planned to fix up over the winter... wasn't tough enough to work on it in the unheated garage:p, so the resto project is now a summer project. Hopefully will be able to provide some decent pictures of a completed boat soon! Had it out last fall before tearing it apart and it ran great, just needs some cosmetic work.

1.JPG2.jpg3.1.jpg4.1.JPG

pencil.png
pencil.png

I have a 72' 15' Muskie also. I hope to get to the lake this Sunday. Finally I think that everything should be up and running correctly. I am thinking of having my boat repainted to match my Jeep. I will try to u/l pic's soon. I love this boat.

pmillar

Petty Officer 1st Class

Here are some pics of mine. '96 sportfish 1750 - 130HP evinrude. Picked it up last Fall and planned to fix up over the winter... wasn't tough enough to work on it in the unheated garage:p, so the resto project is now a summer project. Hopefully will be able to provide some decent pictures of a completed boat soon! Had it out last fall before tearing it apart and it ran great, just needs some cosmetic work.

View attachment 101586View attachment 101588View attachment 101587View attachment 101585

pencil.png
pencil.png

Other than the color, your boat looks very familiar. I'm in the middle of replacing the rear casting deck on my '97 thanks to rot. Interestingly the main deck is fine (for now.) It seems the old cover had a low spot that slowly dripped/leaked water right at the aft, port live-well. Do you plan on going with carpet again or something else? I'm going to cover the rear deck in vinyl. If I like it, that will be the future cover for the rest of the deck. Good luck.

And that 130 ought to really move. I have a 115 Johnson Fast Strike that moves pretty well. They're rated for up to 150 though.

Frayed_Knot

Seaman Apprentice

That is how I started on this rebuild adventure - floor was rotten under rear starboard side seat. ripped the bad wood out and then just kept going. now replacing the floor, rebuilding the consoles, front casting deck and rear casting deck - going to make the rear deck bigger than original so it is a little nicer for someone fishing back there on a pedestal seat. paint was pretty beat up on the sides so its getting new paint as well.

I am putting the Nautilux vinyl on the floor and have been debating about whether or not to put it on the rear casting deck. here is what I found -
http://greatlakesskipper.com/produc...h-non-skid-storm-gray-boat-flooring-foot.html

Would be curious to hear what you think of it once you get the back deck finished on yours.

It definitely moves with the 130. I might have to do some prop testing once its back on the water. Seems the RPMs at WOT are a bit low. WOT it was running at 40-42mph and around 4800rpm (I think... going off memory here).

NathanY

Commander

View attachment 101586View attachment 101588View attachment 101587View attachment 101585

pencil.png
pencil.png

When you put the new floor in that boat, what made you go with wood instead of aluminum? Aluminum is lighter and will never have to be replaced. I am getting ready to put a new floor in mine, not because it needs it, but because I guide in it, the wear on the carpet is horrible, and I want to add some storage.

How hard was it to strip everything out of that boat? Was it a single console or walk thru windshield? Did you check into aluminum at all? If so, how much more was it? Do you have any pictures of it completed?