1985 Crestliner 14 ft. Alum. worth?

Fishwhiz

Recruit
I have a neighbor with a 1985 14 ft. Alum. Crestliner fishing boat for sale. It is in excellent shape except could use new transom wood.

He wants 650 for the boat. Is this a good ballpark price for this boat? It does look good and is heavy duty in its construction.

Thanks, Fishwhiz

rndn

Commander
Re: 1985 Crestliner 14 ft. Alum. worth?

It all depends on what kind of shape the boat is in and where you reside. If the transom is shot around here in upstate New York the boat would sell for around $400-$500. Crestliners are very well made boats and do sell for a premium over other older aluminum boats. When you say the transom is shot I'm assuming you are reffering to the plywood portion only and that the aluminum portion is still in good shape.

Fishwhiz

Recruit
Re: 1985 Crestliner 14 ft. Alum. worth?

The seats are weathered but ok.....the wood in the transome is "soft" from water rot, etc. the rest of the boat is excellent....no dings, holes , patches....been sitting in the guys backyard most of it's life!

So 500 to 600 would be a good ballpark figure for this Crestliner? It looks and FEELS really heavy duty. I picked it up from the back end and it is HEFTY for sure.....not anything like my little Montgomery Wards Jon boat!

Any ideas, suggestions, etc. will still be appreciated. I think I am going to deal with him on it.

I have looked at other boats as good or better but they DON'T HAVE THE TITLE! One guy offered me a Lonestar heavy duty aluminum 14 foot for 300 that was excellent but did not have a title. Said he would fill out a bill of sale and I could get a title with that.

I KNOW that is a lie.

But my neighbor has the title to this Crestliner and he bought it new so I should not have any trouble with the title.