Crestliner owners

WELLSLEY

Cadet
I ordered a new Crestliner Fishhawk 1600 in October and should take delivery in April. I just found this forum and was wonder how many other Crestliner owners are out there.

SouthernAppal

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Crestliner owners

Welcome, Wellsley

Can't say how many Crestliner folks are on this list; it's a really quiet one. Maybe you can stimulate some more interest.

My boat is an old one--79 Muskie--that's been modified a little for fishing. It still has mostly it's classic lines, and I kind of like that.

WELLSLEY

Cadet

Thanks SA

It will take me a few years to get my boat set up the way I want it.
I'm new to boating but have fished most of my life.

What do you fish for?

mnfishing

Cadet

Great Boat! I picked up a new 1600 Fish Hawk in 2007. I could not be any more happy. The boat handles all of the lakes in Northern Minnesota just fine and I've had it up on the bigger waters in the Voyager National Park (Rainy Lake and Kab) and it has handled some pretty good size rollers. The boat came with a 4 stroke 60HP Mercury. Had a fuel pump go out, but I attributed that to the infant mortality theroy. Mercury fixed it under their warranty and I was back on the lake with in a week. Congratulations on the new boat I know you'll enjoy it!

SouthernAppal

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks SA

It will take me a few years to get my boat set up the way I want it.
I'm new to boating but have fished most of my life.

What do you fish for?
I did not do the mods on the boat to make if fisherman friendly. In fact, space is a little small for more than one person.

Well, I don't do serious fishing. I catch logs and branches. Hope to change all that this season.

Navy Jr.

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I ordered a new Crestliner Fishhawk 1600 in October and should take delivery in April. I just found this forum and was wonder how many other Crestliner owners are out there.

I looked seriously at Crestliner myself before buying our new rig last year. Even took the factory tour in Little Falls, MN. You're absolutely going to love it. It's a great boat!!

Ended up buying a Lund. The dealer network Crestliner was using in and around the Twin Cities area had a horrible reputation and now has all but shut its doors. Crestliner deserves better.

I believe the dealer I bought my Lund from is now also handling Crestliner. Gee, if I had only waited another year... It's okay, though. The Lund 1750 Fisherman is a great boat, too.

rndn

Commander

Crestliners are great boats! I love mine.

JohnAB

Seaman Apprentice

I bought the 1600 SC Fishhawk last year. Boat is everything I hoped for plus some. I have the 50 HP 2 stroke Merc on mine, get right around 32 mph by myself. Unfortunately mine had one of those max weight decals on the transom so the dealer would not let me mount a 75 Merc 4 stroke on it but just found out today from Crestliner that the decal means nothing, some carry over thing from Genmar and that the boat can handle the weight of the 75 4 stroke so hopefully here in the next month or so i will upgrade.

Pdfish

Recruit

I'm also a proud owner of a crestliner boat. 2003 Angler 1600 with a 50HP 4stk Johnson. Very durable and can handle some rough stuff! I do alot of Lake Ontario trolling and the boat can handle it. I am looking at a new Crestliner, the 1900 SuperHawk with a 150 Merc Verado. We'll see as it will be tough to move on as I love the Angler 1600 I have!!

Mark

fishrdan

Admiral

I picked up an 01 1800 Superhawk that was stolen and have been rebuilding it over the past 6 months. I had the boat down to a bare hull and it looks like a very solid boat, no cracked welds after 8 years. I redesigned the interior, replaced all the decking with 3/4 marine ply and installed Marideck/Nautolex floor vinyl. Right now the interior is back in and I'm ready for mechanical and electrical. Kind of fun as I can build the boat the way I want it, take designs I like and incorporate them into the boat, upgrade things, etc...

Kind of an odd situation since I had rebuilt the Mercruiser 140HP from my SeaSwirl, but before installing the engine I opened a can of worms by opening the deck and found rot, soaked foam and too much work. I was looking for another boat with a blown engine to put my good engine into and happened onto this one.

Hoping to have it done in a few months,,, but you know how that goes :rolleyes:

oldollie

Recruit

Hi Wellsley, great boat and I am sure you will be more then happy with it. I have a Crestliner 14ft. Angler with a 2009 Mercury 30 hp. 4 stroke just put on last week at Bass Pro in Foxboro. Had a Suzuki 4 stroke before that. Great fishing boat as you will find out soon. I do alot of fishing at Lake Cochituate and Newfound Lake in NH. and could`nt be happer with it ( had boat for 4 years now. Best of Luck !!

Ram58

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I bought an 1860 Crestliner in January, with a 90 HP Mercury on it. I've had it on the river a few times. It seems to be very sturdy and handles really well in choppy water. I had it running 45 mph @ 5300 rpm's, had my boy hanging on for dear life, hehehe. I'm getting ready to convert it to a duck/fishing boat. I'll send pic's when complete.

fhafer

Cadet

I have a 14 foot Crestliner Nordic with a Mercury 18XD long-shaft outboard. The whole package is 1985 as is the trailer. I paid $500 for it last year and I LOVE this little boat!!! I need to replace the floor soon......it's showing its age.

I saw someone post about Lake Cochituate; I grew up in Framingham and I used to tear up Lake Cochituate as a kid with little plywood hydroplanes. Popular Science magazine had the plans and we all (me and my friends) built one during the winter. Two sheets of 1/4" plywood, some pine 1"X 6", a little fiberglass and some paint. I think the thing cost about $60.00 to build. Man did we terrorize those lake residents with our little Mercury 110 9.8 hp skipjacks! Great memories!!

witenite0560

Petty Officer 1st Class

I have a 1968 Crestliner Del Rio, 115hp 1970 Evinrude.

Attachments

• Boat stern_1.jpg
    Boat stern_1.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

crazyinkc

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I have a 19ft nordic I/O with and 165hp OMC (yes and I have had many other boats and I do like the OMC stringers so no bashing please). I bought the boat as a temp until I finish the wifes fish and ski but I really like the room and the all aluminum hull and stingers. Its been a great boat so far and i take my sister and her husband out along with the kids and thier girlfiends/boyfriends and we still have room. It has storage everywhere. I bought the boat off Craigslist for $950 from a guy who siad it need a new carb. he gave the original carb and the one that was on it was an out of box rebuild from NAPA. It ran like crap but had good compression and was quiet so I bought it, stop by an Orielly's on the way home and bought a carb kit and a can of Berrymans. The problem with the carb was he tried to tune the idle mixture and seated the needles so hard he broke one off in the passage. I made one good one out of the two and dropped in 6 new plugs and she was water ready. nice tandum trailer with a title (rare around here). We have had it out 7 times so far and it has performed flawlessly. The wife says we can keep it too since we have two barns to store stuff in. I just hope she doesn't find the four wheeler I just bought ;)

yumaboater

Recruit

This last year has been a project of gutting out a 19ft 69' Nordic Day Cruiser, taking off the cabin, and I/O and turning it into a Center Console with a 140 johnson outboard.

The guy who sold me the outboard advised me to do a setback bracket instead of cutting down the transom. Bad idea, the tailend is way to heavy for suck a light alum boat. Now I have to do the cut down this winter and see if I can't get the nose to ride a little lower. Otherwise it looks good so far. I think I will splurg for a new console. I made the first one myself out of wood. I looks a bit hokey. I can put up pics if anyone is interested.

WIMUSKY

Staff member

Just found this forum. I have a 2003 1650 Fishhawk w/Johnson 60hp 4 stroke. Awesome boat and motor. Crestliner did it right with the welded hull. No rivets to leak! It likes to head up to northern Mn. Also have a 1979 Crestliner 24' Crusader II, 260hp, Volvo I/O.

witenite0560

Petty Officer 1st Class

Well, now I own two. In addition to my '68 Del Rio, I just found a '58 Mandalay on CL. I went up to Helena, MT last weekend and picked it up. Actually, it was a side trip, as I was visiting my oldest daughter. She works at the Old Faithful Inn in Yellowstone. So, overall, a bit of a long and quick trip. But, got to spend some good time with her, beautiful scenery and picked up a great project boat. Photos soon.