Crestliner owners

witenite0560

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Crestliner owners

Looking for some information on the Crestliner Mandalay that I'm going to restore. For one, though the title says it's a 1958, from everything I can find it appears that the Mandalay was only made in 1959 and 1960. Can anyone confirm that? From the old catalogs and brochures that I've seen on line I think mine is a 1959. The 1959 brochure lists the Mandalay as Model 1140, which is the first 4 digits of my S/N according to the title. The 1960 brochure lists the Mandalay as Model 1141. Also, mine has a trolling mount covering the usual place for a hull number on the right side of the transom. Is there anywhere else that Crestliner may have stamped them back in the day?

Interestingly, I find very few references to the Mandalay, either restorations or for sale. Were they not a popular model? Maybe that explains why they were only made for 2 years?

Thanks, K.

Update: Here's some pics of the project. I've got some others of the process that I thought I had here and ready to post. But, I guess I don't. So, will post them another time. The fresh, gray and black water tanks and plumbing are intalled under the deck. The head, intake pump, macerator/discharge pump are plumbed in. Working on wiring up the electrical. All of it will be updated. Transom has been inspected, sealed and repainted. I've got pics of where I found the HIN. But, that's some of the pics I thought I had with me and don't. So, will post, soon!

Attachments

• IMG_1486.jpg
    IMG_1486.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1487.jpg
    IMG_1487.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1494.jpg
    IMG_1494.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1495.jpg
    IMG_1495.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1496.jpg
    IMG_1496.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

WELLSLEY

Cadet

Well the summer is over and the crestliner fishhawk 1600 performed great.
I put it on the St. Lawrence, Seneca lake, cayuga lake,lake George, Mohawk river, hudson river, long Lake, eighth lake, lake Harris, Sacandaga, the great Sacandaga, Canadarago lake, chenago lake, lake Champlain, and Piseco lake.
There was a few days on the St. Lawrence and Seneca lake when I wonder why I was out there. But it handle it with out a problem. I very pleased with the boat.

pmillar

Petty Officer 1st Class

New owner of a "97 Sportfish 1750 that i need to repower. I will try to get some pics up this weekend if the weather cooperates. Next I need to make room in the garage so I can tinker on it over the winter. The old O/H garage gas heater I laughed at when I bought my house may come in handy this year.

noizmaker

Seaman Apprentice

Hello, just found this Crestliner forum. I recently bought a 1988 Nordic Crestliner Crusader 245 w/ 350 Merc I/O. This is a 25 ft Cuddy with forward and aft berth. I haven't seen alot from the Crestliner owners on iboats. Hope to see more.

1988CrestlinerDayCrusier25ft.jpg

tpcowfish

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Hey Everyone, Im a proud owner of a Crestliner 2002 1850 F.H., I had previously owned other brands that were disappointing in there aluminum boats, One of my friends bought an old used crestliner, I went out fishing with him a few times,met other owners of older models, and I was sold, Night and day from from my other models. But now I am thinking of a little more boat, 1900 Super Hawk, Any one own this, ? I fish Erie alot and wondered if there is a big diff in these 2 boats on rough waters, Thanks, and Happy New Years to all Tim

bigfish2

Cadet

I have a Crestliner Eagle 24.5 walk around with hard top...love it
Great riding boat, never a leak

Bobbys Toy

Recruit

Hello everyone, I am new to this site yet I am an old time Crestliner fan and owner. I have a 1987 Saber 225 G/L which I ordered and purchased new. The boat came with a 165 Mercruiser which I have upgraded to a 4.3L 205hp Mercruiser a couple of years ago. I have rebuilt the interior and redesigned it is such a way as to better suit my fishing needs. The boat was repainted professionally during the winter of 06/07. I added an Atlantic Towers top and customer enclosure in 2000. I have updated the electronics and all fishing gear within the last few years. This boat does it all. It's like a new boat again without the payment. Any other owners out there with a 225 or 245 Saber G/L? I would love to swap photos.

Bob J
Bobbys Toy
1987 Crestliner Sabre 225 G/L

tpcowfish

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Well, Iv'e already posted but, im a little riddled by so few post, I know when i got my first Crestliner i was very impressed,Thought there would be alot more hits here with Happy owners, By the way,I did purchase the 1900 Super hawk, no rides yet lake froze but can't wait. Hope to see more Happy owners here , Tim

pmillar

Petty Officer 1st Class

Congratulations on the purchase. I too am antsy for the spring considering I purchased a clean '97 sportfish this fall that has yet to see the water with me in it. I doubt I'll be heading for any of the big lakes for a while... lots of local lakes plus a cottage on a lake up near Traverse City to keep me busy for while.

I guess you could say I am satisfied crestliner owner though, lol. It's very comfy sitting in it parked in the garage.

bigfish2

Cadet

I have a 1994 Crestliner Eagle 245, with hard Top Great running boat, new motor in 2000, runs perfectly, and very dstable durable boat Fish mostly California Delta, and offshore Sanfrancisco Bay. Anyother Eagle owners out there?

WELLSLEY

Cadet

Congrats on the 1900 super hawk. You will have to let us know how it works for you when the ice goes away. Good luck .

Well, Iv'e already posted but, im a little riddled by so few post, I know when i got my first Crestliner i was very impressed,Thought there would be alot more hits here with Happy owners, By the way,I did purchase the 1900 Super hawk, no rides yet lake froze but can't wait. Hope to see more Happy owners here , Tim

tpcowfish

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Thanks Everyone, I will post after maiden voyage, If it's anything like my last one, I'm sure I'll be happy tho. Very towable ,versatile, stable boats. I had no problems on the 2002 Fish Hawk,boat and motor, 115 merc. I just wanted a little more, Im gettin older, and tryin to get my dad out maybe again. So I stuck with a Crestliner, Merc, package(150 Opti-Max) .I had 8 years trouble free,Boat looks great, motor stills runs great. Thanks again, hope to hear from everyone, Tim

Panther2006

Cadet

Hello all

I have purchased a 1979 Crestliner Cursader 770, and have started restoration. I hope to have her water ready by JUNE. If anyone has pic,s that could help me in my restoration, it would be appresiated.

Happy boating

pmillar

Petty Officer 1st Class

Check out the restoration section and start a thread there. Lots of folks restoring aluminum boats - mostly starcrafts though but they seem pretty friendly and helpful. Just be sure to post up pics when you start a thread.

And congratulations as well.

GreatWyo

Recruit

Late last fall the wife gave me permission to buy our first brand new boat. We had two used bayliners previously both I/O (1998 Capri 1850 SE and 1980 Mutinyu 1750). So I got a new (model year hold over) 2008 Crestliner Superhawk 1800 with Merc 115 4 stroke. Only got to put it on the water twice before putting up for the winter. The dealer said to vary the rpm's every 10 minutes for the first 10 hours... seems like that will take forever. This boat seems much better built than the bayliners, fit and trim wise.

tpcowfish

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Hey, Welcome and congrats on new boat, I think you'll be extremely happy, May get a little spray on rougher days, but stability and quality r there. Good luck, and enjoy, Tim

I love my 14 foot Commodore, a 1959 boat with a 1958 Evenrude big twin 35, great little boat.

scan0009.jpg

Winter fishing for lake trout, it was snowing hard......

WELLSLEY

Cadet

I hope to start getting the Fishhawk ready this coming weekend. So I can be ready for the striper run.