Crestliner owners

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crestliner owners

I ordered a new Crestliner Fishhawk 1600 in October and should take delivery in April. I just found this forum and was wonder how many other Crestliner owners are out there.

Re: Crestliner owners

Welcome, Wellsley

Can't say how many Crestliner folks are on this list; it's a really quiet one. Maybe you can stimulate some more interest.

My boat is an old one--79 Muskie--that's been modified a little for fishing. It still has mostly it's classic lines, and I kind of like that.

Comment

Thanks SA

It will take me a few years to get my boat set up the way I want it.
      I'm new to boating but have fished most of my life.

What do you fish for?

Comment

Great Boat! I picked up a new 1600 Fish Hawk in 2007. I could not be any more happy. The boat handles all of the lakes in Northern Minnesota just fine and I've had it up on the bigger waters in the Voyager National Park (Rainy Lake and Kab) and it has handled some pretty good size rollers. The boat came with a 4 stroke 60HP Mercury. Had a fuel pump go out, but I attributed that to the infant mortality theroy. Mercury fixed it under their warranty and I was back on the lake with in a week. Congratulations on the new boat I know you'll enjoy it!

Comment

Originally posted by WELLSLEY View Post
          Thanks SA

It will take me a few years to get my boat set up the way I want it.
          I'm new to boating but have fished most of my life.

What do you fish for?
          I did not do the mods on the boat to make if fisherman friendly. In fact, space is a little small for more than one person.

Well, I don't do serious fishing. I catch logs and branches. Hope to change all that this season.

Comment

Originally posted by WELLSLEY View Post
            I ordered a new Crestliner Fishhawk 1600 in October and should take delivery in April. I just found this forum and was wonder how many other Crestliner owners are out there.
            I looked seriously at Crestliner myself before buying our new rig last year. Even took the factory tour in Little Falls, MN. You're absolutely going to love it. It's a great boat!!

Ended up buying a Lund. The dealer network Crestliner was using in and around the Twin Cities area had a horrible reputation and now has all but shut its doors. Crestliner deserves better.

I believe the dealer I bought my Lund from is now also handling Crestliner. Gee, if I had only waited another year... It's okay, though. The Lund 1750 Fisherman is a great boat, too.
            2008 Lund 1750 Fisherman
            2008 Merc 115hp 4-stroke EFI
            2008 Shorelandr' Trailer
            And two wonderful golden retrievers

Comment

Thanks everyone.

Comment

Crestliners are great boats! I love mine.
                1996 Crestliner 2160 Phantom, 1996 Evinrude 130 HP
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rndn View Post
                  Crestliners are great boats! I love mine.
                  Thanks rndn I see your from the finger lakes some great fishing there. I go to Seneca lake for a week every year.

Comment

I bought the 1600 SC Fishhawk last year. Boat is everything I hoped for plus some. I have the 50 HP 2 stroke Merc on mine, get right around 32 mph by myself. Unfortunately mine had one of those max weight decals on the transom so the dealer would not let me mount a 75 Merc 4 stroke on it but just found out today from Crestliner that the decal means nothing, some carry over thing from Genmar and that the boat can handle the weight of the 75 4 stroke so hopefully here in the next month or so i will upgrade.

Comment

I'm also a proud owner of a crestliner boat. 2003 Angler 1600 with a 50HP 4stk Johnson. Very durable and can handle some rough stuff! I do alot of Lake Ontario trolling and the boat can handle it. I am looking at a new Crestliner, the 1900 SuperHawk with a 150 Merc Verado. We'll see as it will be tough to move on as I love the Angler 1600 I have!!

Mark

Comment

I picked up an 01 1800 Superhawk that was stolen and have been rebuilding it over the past 6 months. I had the boat down to a bare hull and it looks like a very solid boat, no cracked welds after 8 years. I redesigned the interior, replaced all the decking with 3/4 marine ply and installed Marideck/Nautolex floor vinyl. Right now the interior is back in and I'm ready for mechanical and electrical. Kind of fun as I can build the boat the way I want it, take designs I like and incorporate them into the boat, upgrade things, etc...

Kind of an odd situation since I had rebuilt the Mercruiser 140HP from my SeaSwirl, but before installing the engine I opened a can of worms by opening the deck and found rot, soaked foam and too much work. I was looking for another boat with a blown engine to put my good engine into and happened onto this one.

Hoping to have it done in a few months,,, but you know how that goes
                        2001 Crestliner SuperHawk 1800, Mercruiser 140HP
                        2007 Tracker 1436 jon boat, 7.5HP Force

Comment

Hi Wellsley, great boat and I am sure you will be more then happy with it. I have a Crestliner 14ft. Angler with a 2009 Mercury 30 hp. 4 stroke just put on last week at Bass Pro in Foxboro. Had a Suzuki 4 stroke before that. Great fishing boat as you will find out soon. I do alot of fishing at Lake Cochituate and Newfound Lake in NH. and could`nt be happer with it ( had boat for 4 years now. Best of Luck !!

Comment

I bought an 1860 Crestliner in January, with a 90 HP Mercury on it. I've had it on the river a few times. It seems to be very sturdy and handles really well in choppy water. I had it running 45 mph @ 5300 rpm's, had my boy hanging on for dear life, hehehe. I'm getting ready to convert it to a duck/fishing boat. I'll send pic's when complete.

Comment

I have a 14 foot Crestliner Nordic with a Mercury 18XD long-shaft outboard. The whole package is 1985 as is the trailer. I paid $500 for it last year and I LOVE this little boat!!! I need to replace the floor soon......it's showing its age.

I saw someone post about Lake Cochituate; I grew up in Framingham and I used to tear up Lake Cochituate as a kid with little plywood hydroplanes. Popular Science magazine had the plans and we all (me and my friends) built one during the winter. Two sheets of 1/4" plywood, some pine 1"X 6", a little fiberglass and some paint. I think the thing cost about $60.00 to build. Man did we terrorize those lake residents with our little Mercury 110 9.8 hp skipjacks! Great memories!!

Comment

Working...
                              X