New Crestliner Owner, Eagle 2450

Status
Not open for further replies.

dt5150

Seaman
well, i've officially joined the crestliner family, my first one actually. i've owned some trackers and starcraft boats in the past. just bought a new-to-me crestliner eagle 2450 about a month ago. i haven't been able to put it in the water yet, had shoulder surgery and have had to do some work to the boat. some of it is just customizing it, making it my own. other work has been rewiring. she's had only 2 previous owners, but all of the accessory wiring in the boat was hack work. cheap connectors, screw-on caps, poor soldering jobs, incorrect installations, and lots of electrical tape. multiple fire hazards! it has all been ripped out and replaced with correct wiring and installation. it cost me a pretty penny, an unexpected pretty penny, but it is now all correct and most importantly, safe. she'll be rigged to troll for salmon and trout on lake winnipesaukee in nh.

a little boat info.. she's a 2000 model, hardtop, walkaround cuddy, 5.0 mercruiser, 25 hp merc 4 stroke kicker, all new electronics (lowrance gen 3 hds 9, gen 2 hds 8 (networked together, with structurescan), fish hawk x4, raymarine autopilot, horizon vhf, pyle stereo, onboard charger, 2 new deka group 24 agm batteries, new battery selector switch). the rewiring job is pretty much finished, now i just need to put everything back together. a challenging task with 1 arm, but i take my time. some things i can't do, but i manage to find a hand when needed. let me see if i can attach some pics. some of these are from the previous owner.

Attachments

• photo270560.jpg
    photo270560.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 5
  • photo270561.jpg
    photo270561.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 4
  • photo270562.jpg
    photo270562.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 5

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
Awesome looking boat! Does it have the transom notched out to accommodate the kicker motor? That real cool.

dt5150

Seaman
yup, the "pocket". pretty neat how they designed that. and they tied the kicker to the main from the factory, all underneath the transom out of view.

dt5150

Seaman
Opxmc9nl.jpg

see if this works.. dang photobucket!

Last edited:

Miniyacht

Cadet
I was thinking of looking at a 1994 crestliner eagle 2160 with a 130hp johnson. Im over in southern california so its pretty rare to see one of these, I was wondering how it handles rough water as i will be using it in the pacific and what kind of speed i will be looking at with the 130. Information seems to be pretty scarce on these boats.

dt5150

Seaman
i really couldn't tell ya.. mine handles the waves very well, it's heavy for an aluminum boat. speed wise, mine tops out at about 40-41 depending on load and water conditions. that one you're talking about should do somewhere in the mid 30's i would think.

Todd in NY

Petty Officer 2nd Class
DT5150, congrats on your very nice Crestliner. I finally scored my own Crestliner 2 weeks ago. It's an 88 Sabre 220 with a 1989 150hp Evinrude. I haven't had it out yet, other than the test drive, but mine will be used on Lake Ontario for salmon, trout, walleye, and whatever else is in season. I'm in the process of setting it up for next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.