Trying to identify our new boat . . . .

MIDiver

Recruit
We just picked up a 1989 Crestliner fiberglass 17' I/O. Th title simply says Crestliner Mercruiser I/O and the owner was not sure what model it was. The old catalog section on the Crestliner website for 1989 is only the aluminum line and there does not appear to be any copy of the fiberglass catalog available. I thought I had it figured out until I saw that the photos in teh catalog were not of fiberglass boats. Trying to get the insurance in-place on it but all of the compaines are looking for a model and when you select on that you think is right based on size and engine, it defaults to aluminum construction. Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide in identifying the boat.

Andy & Charlene

Crestliner Boat.jpg

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
looks like a crusader, maybe a 1645

MIDiver

Recruit
Thanks . . . looking at the 1990 Crestliner catalog it looks like that is what it is . . . a Crusader 165. Looking forward to the 2017 season as we just moved to Michigan and are a few miles from Lake Erie. Good time to buy a boat . . . guy wanted to get rid of some toys before the winter and we were able to pick it up for $1,850 with the cover, bimini top still in the box and the drive unit totally rebuilt this season.

Thanks again for he assistance in identifying it . . . .