My '05 20' Crest Taper Toon

SoulWinner

Commander
Well, I tried to add some pics but I don't think I know how with this version of V-Bulletin or whatever platform this forum uses. It an '05 that I got after it sat on the lot for a year and a half, so I got a great deal on the boat. I added a Merc 115 4 Stroke and a Magic Tilt trailer and I am happy with it. Crest builds a good solid boat with good warrantees on the deck and everything, but i wish the bely was skinned all the way to the front of the deck. It has Taper Toons which means the pontoons increase in diameter towards the stern. Still, with a 300# motor it sits a little low in the back in the water. After sitting outside for 18 months before I bought it you might think the seats and carpet would be wrecked but they are in excellant shape. Creat uses top notch materials in their boats and I highly recommend them. OK, cool I figured out the pics. Notice the picture of the boat where you can see the trailer. It had one axle when I bought it. They said one axl would be enough. They were wrong. The spring completely colapsed, cutting the brake lines. It was expensive to fix, costing $1500 doing the work myself. One thing I can say about Crest, it seem like this boat is heavy compared to other 20' toons.

Attachments

• IMG_2044.jpg
    IMG_2044.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2040.jpg
    IMG_2040.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2046.jpg
    IMG_2046.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2043.jpg
    IMG_2043.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 2

quadchris

Recruit
Re: My '05 20' Crest Taper Toon

Great looking boat. I just got a used 2000 Crest Fisher. 22 feet long with a 115hp Evinrude. It has a center console and the livewell is in fron of that. I had a question for you if you don't mind. Do you hve a livewell and if so, where are the controls for it? I haven't seen any and forgot to ask the boat shop. Thanks for the help.

beautat

Recruit
Re: My '05 20' Crest Taper Toon

I have a 2005 20' super sport W/ a livewell under the left front seat. The controls are at the helm marked as ***., but I just made my on decals. also , you have to regulate the water coming in at the livewell nozel inside well itself.