Contender boats

Flukinicehole

Petty Officer 1st Class
My friend bought the 36ft. fisharound w/triple 250 yammies.All I can say is this is the best riding boat I`ve ever been on.Fast handles rough water like nothing.Went 80 miles off Montauk in under 2hrs.Only thing I see wrong with it is there is only one fish box.We needed more.d:)

Re: Contender boats

i run a 36 open with four 250 evinrude e-tecs. great boat tops out at 92-98mph according to the gps

Flukinicehole

Petty Officer 1st Class

O.K now I love Contenders but you cant be serious with the MPH. My friends boat tops out at 56 with trip. 250 yammies. There is no way your getting 30 plus MPH with one engine. Actually you will get 7MPH according to the manufactuer. You might want to get your GPS calibrated. The open is lighter but you will not be doing over 70.

ricwing

Seaman Apprentice

sound like your friend's boat has a prop problem

I think your GPS is displaying KPH, not MPH. Sorry, but I don't believe that hull can go that fast unless you dropped it out the back of a C-130. Low 70's is more realistic.

According to Contender's site, the 36 O, the cc version tops out at 60 something with trip Yami 350's. OK, bolt 4 Evinrude anchors to the stern and you get maybe 10 mph more, at most.

bpante

Cadet

You want an inpressive ride try a Bluewater. I worked for a contender dealer:mad: (who dropped them) and a Bluewater dealer:D.

pon

Recruit

EDIT: If this is the manner in which you plan to post here, please don't bother.

Last edited by a moderator: