Contender boats

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contender boats

My friend bought the 36ft. fisharound w/triple 250 yammies.All I can say is this is the best riding boat I`ve ever been on.Fast handles rough water like nothing.Went 80 miles off Montauk in under 2hrs.Only thing I see wrong with it is there is only one fish box.We needed more.d
    1996 Four Sons refurbished and Splashed!
    http://forums.iboats.com/forum/boat-...center-console

Re: Contender boats

i run a 36 open with four 250 evinrude e-tecs. great boat tops out at 92-98mph according to the gps

Comment

O.K now I love Contenders but you cant be serious with the MPH. My friends boat tops out at 56 with trip. 250 yammies. There is no way your getting 30 plus MPH with one engine. Actually you will get 7MPH according to the manufactuer. You might want to get your GPS calibrated. The open is lighter but you will not be doing over 70.
      1996 Four Sons refurbished and Splashed!
      http://forums.iboats.com/forum/boat-...center-console

Comment

sound like your friend's boat has a prop problem

Comment

I think your GPS is displaying KPH, not MPH. Sorry, but I don't believe that hull can go that fast unless you dropped it out the back of a C-130. Low 70's is more realistic.

Comment

According to Contender's site, the 36 O, the cc version tops out at 60 something with trip Yami 350's. OK, bolt 4 Evinrude anchors to the stern and you get maybe 10 mph more, at most.

Comment

You want an inpressive ride try a Bluewater. I worked for a contender dealer (who dropped them) and a Bluewater dealer.

Comment

EDIT: If this is the manner in which you plan to post here, please don't bother.
                Last edited by ezmobee; May 4th, 2011, 10:57 AM. Reason: inflammatory

Comment

Working...
                X