• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

17' cobia

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 17' cobia

Just got a 17' Cobia, it says Tornado on the side, don't know the year. Have searched all over for info on this boat, can anyone point me in the right directions, maybe even some pics of a fully restored one. Thanks

Re: 17' cobia

The Tornado actually a 16'LOL 7' Beam Built from 78-82Look on the transom for the MFG IDThe starts wih CBA last 2 numbers are the year builtI have some pics of the Charger I had but that won't help

Comment

Thanks will check, Charger looks alot like the Tornado.

Comment

That Tornado looks like their Sportster too.

Comment

Can anyone give me a guess as to how much this boat would weight along with a 100hp o/b?

Comment

This not a guess the dry wt is 1180#Best I can do on the motor since I don't have the MFG and Model. OMC (115) 2 cycle EL 275-300#A bit more for a Merc.

Comment

Thanks to all for help, hate to beat a dead horse, but can anyone tell me if the Tornado is closed or open bow on original, mine is closed and modified for a bass boat style pole seat in the middle and i don't think that is per original. Going for restoration here. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by LCM-8: I have some pics of the Charger I had but that won't help
                I have a 79 Charger that is serving as my fishing boat right now. Great little runabout.

Comment

Working...
                X