Cobalt 262 Engine Compartment

eman01

Recruit
The batteries are both dead on a Cobalt 262 i'm looking at buying, is there a manual release to allow you to open the engine compartment that usually opens electrically?

alindquist

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Cobalt 262 Engine Compartment

If it's anything like mine it should just lift up. Cobalt uses a pretty neat hinge system to allow you to access the engine when the batteries are dead.

Rasta

Cadet

Yes, you can just lift it up but it will be cumbersome and HEAVY. Open the storage covers to get a bit of a grip and then you have to kind of lean over while pulling it up...tow people will be a big help because it really is heavy.

Rasta

Cadet

Forgot one thing. If you raise it all the way up you may jam the hydraulic lift tube so open it just high enough to get the support rod under it. Be careful to make sure you have the support rod because if it falls on you it will hurt. Once you get a battery I would go ahead and raise the hydraulics far enough to help support the cover as well. Also, be careful to connect each battery +/- correctly. On mine the way the cables sat it kind of made you want to connect them incorrectly which means trouble.