1977 Cobalt 19ft CD

cwd60tx

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Hi all, I have a 1977 Cobalt 19ft CD and I am thinking about recarpeting it,it has no soft spots in the flooring,I would like to know if any one here knows how well the floor is built in this year and is there and is it mainly made out of plywood?I am just curious before I tear out the old carpeting. It appears to me these Cobalts are very well built.I just love it so far,I have the 351W with the electric stringer in it.I just bought me a Bimini top for it that snaps onto the windshield it came off a 1982 19ft. Chriscraft I know I will probly have to modify the snaps somewhat ,but for 25.00 and matches the color of my interior I dont think I can go wrong! Thanks all for anyones input

TimeBandit

Cadet
Re: 1977 Cobalt 19ft CD

The floor is fiberglass covered plywood.

I got mine out a couple weeks ago. Would take it out this weekend, but I need to rebuild the carb first.

jamsac

Cadet

I concur with the glass over wood. I did the floor in my '78 19CD.Mostly 1/2 inch ply, 2 or 3 layers in certain areas. Glass coated ply stringers and bulkheads. Here is what it looks like underneath.
boatrepair002Medium.jpg

mcrockett75

Recruit

The floor is fiberglass covered plywood.

I got mine out a couple weeks ago. Would take it out this weekend, but I need to rebuild the carb first.

Timebandit,

I will be watching for you on Canyon Lake, I suspect WE have the ONLY two 1977 19CD's on the lake.. It's nice to see some guys that like their "antiques" like I do..

TimeBandit

Cadet

Timebandit,
I will be watching for you on Canyon Lake, I suspect WE have the ONLY two 1977 19CD's on the lake.. It's nice to see some guys that like their "antiques" like I do..

Cool. Had mine out this past Saturday. What color is yours ? There is a blue striped 19' Cobalt open bow out there owned by a retired couple, but it's a couple years newer.

mcrockett75

Recruit

Cool. Had mine out this past Saturday. What color is yours ? There is a blue striped 19' Cobalt open bow out there owned by a retired couple, but it's a couple years newer.
I was there Saturday & Sunday also..
Mine is the exact setup as yours but with the green stripe & "Over Time" on the stern.. I found it Friday pm on craigslist, picked it up Saturday am from the original owner and stuck it in the water for the 1st time in 8 years.. One bump of the key and she lit right off and ran like a top.. (he kept it maintained and ran it every 3 months on a hose ;)"

TimeBandit

Cadet

I was there Saturday & Sunday also..
Mine is the exact setup as yours but with the green stripe & "Over Time" on the stern.. I found it Friday pm on craigslist, picked it up Saturday am from the original owner and stuck it in the water for the 1st time in 8 years.. One bump of the key and she lit right off and ran like a top.. (he kept it maintained and ran it every 3 months on a hose ;)"

Congrats on your purchase. We usually hang out at the far west end of the lake where the river comes in. It's usually less crowded and pretty smooth. We put in at the free ramp at Potter's Creek. (North Side of the lake).