Citation Caribbean

beauff

Seaman Apprentice
Who else has a Citation here? Mine is a 1981 Caribbean. Had it for a year in a half and so far its been a learning experence.(new boater) It did not run when I got it so new points work well.This winter I will be pulling up the floor in the back.(soft spots) and repairing any damage that I find under the floor.well I just wanted to see if there is any more Citations here. I ghess not many left.

hole-in-da-water

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Citation Caribbean

Don't know if your still around, but I have an 86 CItation 190xl with a 3.0 OMC Stringer in it. Not many Citation owners around, that;s for sure.

agent030

Recruit

I am purchasing a 1989 citation 1900 Cuddy...Also new to boating seems to run strong hoping for a good outcome.

DULFIN

Recruit
Re: Citation Cabin Cruiser

Re: Citation Cabin Cruiser

Hello, We have a 23' Citation dry weight 3200lbs. It has a v-8 290 Volvo.

We do not use it much. I am just getting to the repairs.I need to replace the rubber boot ( outside on the lower unit). Not sure but I think this is going to be a job. I can't get the trim tabs to operate, and i need to replace a few power stearing lines. ( not leaking but the outside lines have some cracks in them.

The main thing I need is a trailer. We purchased the boat (12yrs+-) from someone that lived on the lake and I need one due to the things I need to do. I do not have it at the marina anymore and have the boat home on a rented trailer so time is a factor.
Kevin.

DULFIN

Recruit

Agent030, Good luck.

Boats are a lot of work but fun.
Kevin-

agent030

Recruit

I am so PO'd I went to buy my 1900cc Citation today and the guy sold it out from under me....I talked to him at 1030pm on Saturday night telling him I would be there a little after 10am with cash in hand. I get there this morning after the hour drive right on time with a envelope full of cash and WAM!!!!! BOAT IS SOLD!!!!! WHAT!!!!!....the excuse I got was I tried to call you...I got home and checked the caller ID and he called at 954am what the heck...he knew I was going to be there at 1000am and I had a hour drive. WHAT A JERK!!!!!!! Guess owning a boat is just not in the cards for me. Good luck to all

beauff

Seaman Apprentice

Been a while since I been here. keep looking for that boat you will find one.Starting to get used to mine now that I docked it.

Cruiserman

Cadet

Hi all. I have come into possession of a 1989 Citation Boats Inc. 228 aft cabin. I loved this boat from the first time I saw her. It had no power and the previous owner (who inherited it) stored her outside with the entryway door left open, thus, animals and such festered inside for God knows how long... Still, I cleaned, she shined, I powered, she purred. The transom and stringers all solid as rocks.. I cant wait to commission her this spring complete with all the toys that I have for her. I have researched and scoured the web for any info on Citation. All to no avail... The company is out of business, the last know date of manufacture is sketchy (somewhere in the mid ninety's) And no one else anywhere on the web has photos or is selling or has no user groups .. no nuthin... If anyone knows anything that I should know, or can direct me somewhere for support please do so .. otherwise.. I'll wing it...

Attachments

• #1smaller.jpg
    #1smaller.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 0

ThingFish

Recruit

I have a 1900cc 19' cuddy I picked up 2 years ago. It basically sank on land for 5 years. One more season and the boat would've been done for, so we rescued it just in time. With the exception of a paint job on the stripes that needs to be done, everything else is new from the bilge up.

BEFORE:

inside.jpg

motor1.jpg

motor2.jpg

ThingFish

Recruit

AFTER:
insideboat1.jpg

cuddydoor1.jpg

seats1.jpg

engine.jpg

ladder1.jpg

boat.jpg

We did all the work ourselves. Removed the deck, flotation and engine. Re-did the lower unit. Cleaned and repainted the bilge, new engine mounts, placed flotation inside 4'x4 1/2" PVC pipes, capped and strapped them between the stringers. New deck with extra oak bracing for added strength, 1/2" marine plywood, taped, 1/8" fiberglass mat, resin'd up to an inch, Nautilexed. All new upholstered panels, new seats, new engine cover, custom made jump seats w/4"x18"x19" cushions 4" cushions with new fabric for the cuddy. Built a box to house the new VHF, and stereo. New depth/fish/GPS combo. Teak all sanded and redone, built a new dive ladder out of composite board. Engine checked out at 115lbs. per cylinder, replaced starter, plugs, carb ( all that stuff ), new boots, bellows, seals, gimbal, impeller, etc. It's taken about 2 years. Making a new canvas travel top and bimini top this summer and buying a new steering wheel. Will be in the water this May.

Last edited:

ThingFish

Recruit

Here's the engine cover and the jump seats without the Nautilex covering the front or the cushions.

cover2.jpg

jumpseat1.jpg

cuddydoorclosed.jpg

Joyce

Recruit

You boat looks very much like mine. Do you know how big you gas tank is? Do you have a volvo penta engine?

beauff

Seaman Apprentice

Nice job fishthing. I redid the deck on mine but left the carpet out and used tuffcoat instead.
P5240014.jpg

Last edited:

projecthog

Petty Officer 1st Class

Its two years later now:rolleyes:

Nice boat, I was scouring the net to find a duplicate or near copy of the one I just brought home, but couldn't come up with anything to compare to, And then I find your boat the next day (today.)
You call it a caribbean, so I guess I will assume mine is just that, a caribbean.
Mine has the less attractive 70's colors, being Brown and Orange, and the hull is Brown, but the rest is identical right down to the doors and equipment. I am happy to have found this set of pics here, and now have something to compare to, thanks for posting.

PH.

beauff

Seaman Apprentice

I'm more of a lurker then a poster plus I forget about the Citation forum. Yes it sounds like you have the same boat. I know its a Caribbean because I have all the manuals & paper work on it. Need to see more pictures of your boat. kind of sick of winter now. I want to go fishing.

nomi840

Cadet
1989 Citaiton 190xl

1989 Citaiton 190xl

I just bought a 1989 CITAITON 190XL from a dealer in Connecticut yesterday and brought it home. I am new to boating and need to learn alot !

I've been trying to do a lot of reading and researching online and I am glad I found this forum. If you want to see pictures of my boat click below.

http://s615.photobucket.com/albums/tt239/aqasir/1989 Citation 190XL/

Please tell me how you like this particular model of boat and where I can learn more about it.

Last edited: