1975 Chrysler Courier 154 Bowrider

bigduke57

Recruit
Hello. I am a new member to this group. I live just outside Toronto, Canada. I just purchased a 1975 Chrysler Courier 154 bowrider. I aquired it from the family of the original owner. It is tan with the brown interior. It currently has a 1987 Mercury 115 outboard with an updated speed /trim/tilt control. It is in very nice shape but I speculate,after reading some of the other members posts, that I will have to look at the transom down the road. There are two plates on the starboard side which told me it is a Plano Texas assembled boat and that it is rated for a 70hp engine. I also aquired a 1976 Chrysler marine outboard 105hp and the control handle and cables. Nice shape. Would someone be able to tell me whether my boat came with a Chrysler 70hp motor. Will I be able to mount the Chrysler 105 on the boat. I'm assuming yes as the Mercury is already there. Now for the big question-I will need a trim and tilt mount package I believe. Are they hard to find? And are parts abundant for it.
I will post some pictures in the near future. Thanks very much. Craigscan 3.jpgscan 2.jpgscan 1.jpgscan 4.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0988.jpg
    IMG_0988.jpg
    221.2 KB · Views: 2

89retta

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: 1975 Chrysler Courier 154 Bowrider

The 105 will be fine but why not just leave the merc on it.

bigduke57

Recruit
Re: 1975 Chrysler Courier 154 Bowrider

Hello. I was thinking that the original Chrysler outboard would give it that look of originality. I have a original 1969 Hemi Road Runner so this was my thought process here. Having said that, I am leaning towards leaving the Mercury on the back.