Any good pictures and stories about Scorpions?

Fiat4Fun

Petty Officer 1st Class
DSC00406.jpgI have started a Facebook page for Chris Craft Scorpions, and wondering if there is enough interest to do a web site for these boats. I would love to get stories and pictures and any technical information together so we can build a data base for these great boats.

Let me know what you think and find the Chris Craft Scorpion facebook page and let's see if we can build something that would benefit us all.

Thanks for your help.
Bob

CC210LTDSalesLit.jpg

Re: Any good pictures and stories about Scorpions?

Just bought a 1984 Scorpion 212 last week to restore. Lots of work to be done.

003.jpg

018.JPG

The first issue will be to replace the rotten transom. The new one will have a narrower opening for a single outboard.
005.jpg

Last edited:

Got it backed into my barn where I can work on it regardless of the weather. I thought that I might have to remove the windshield to fit thru the door, but by lowering my hitch drawbar I just made it under.

005.JPG

As expected, the wood in the transom was total mush.

012.JPG

Back out of the barn and a changed boat. New transom with smaller cut-out, and a lot of filling, fairing, and sanding. Painted with Petit Easypoxy using roll & tip. Put on a Yamaha HPDI 150 and new controls and gauges. Still need to clean, sand, and paint the bottom. Also need to pump out about 40 gallons of gas that is several years old. Then clean and flush the tank and replace all fuel lines. MAKING PROGRESS!!!

002.jpg

008.jpg