Chris Craft Owners: Register Your Boat or Restore Thread Here.

Augoose

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Chris Craft Owners: Register Your Boat or Restore Thread Here.

I was thinking of doing the same, only in Carbon Fiber? Yours turned out awesome!

Thanks Baja- Carbon fiber would look great as well. Have you checked out any of the wraps? I would recommend you to stay far away from RVINYL.COM. They tried to rip me off and lied over email and the phone on numerous occasions. If you want additional details I would be glad to share them. I ended up going with Metrorestyling and they were great. They also use 3m's vinyl wrap which were far superior to those turkeys at Rvinyl. A sheet measuring 24"x48" cost about $80 and I had plenty left over for my project. Enough to do all the pieces again.

ICEFANG

Cadet

Four days to Launch. Going to Saltspring Island( First Party.)

Attachments

• sailors boat.jpg
    sailors boat.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 0
  • me1.jpg
    me1.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 0

ICEFANG

Cadet

me1.jpgsailors boat.jpg
My new project 1961 Connie 36'

Hello!

Last year I purchased a 1988 Scorpion 210 BR Ski-jack.

Previous owner dropped a new '99 300HP 350 in it, but it is otherwise stock.

In the past year I have fixed/replaced:
gimbal
propeller
4 sets of drive shaft bearings
2 u-joints
both fuel filters
temp gauge
motor mounts
bulkhead
floor (and added access panel to get to transmission)
carpet
all ventilation duct work
and had the engine moved about an inch port side because it wasn't quite centered/balanced

Next:
Remove the fish finder and compass (glued) from the dash!
Upholstery (and will add vents to engine cover/captains chair)
Larger flame arrester (maybe it's the car guy in me, but I can't imagine inboards like mine aren't starving for air!)
Refinish teak
Gelcoat repair
Pinstriping

Considering:
I have a line on a set of stainless marine headers (< 10 hrs on them) and exhaust tips, so may install thru-hull and headers
Custom cover (OEM one is nowhere to be found)

I don't have many good pics, but I have attached a few. Happy to see many Scorpions on here, would like to find some other Ski-jacks.

ICEFANG

Cadet
No Title

31' 1961 Chriscraft Constillation

Attachments

• photo204461.jpg
    photo204461.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 0

PalmettoBotr

Cadet
Hello all,
I recently joined the forum and then today I found this thread.
I am the new owner of a '93 CC Concept 197; 5.0 H.O. OMC I/O. The original owner had only put 147 hours on her when we bought her this June. Since then the wife and I have put on an additional 4. We are new to boating and loving every minute of it. Fortunately the boat is in great shape. The owner always kept it covered when he wasn't using it, so the colors of the interior are still factory new. Everything on the boat works great and looks great considering she is 21 years old. We are happy with her. Currently looking at bimini tops and reading up on how to properly clean and wax. Fun times. :)
Happy boating!! PalmettoBotr

Rich_har13

Recruit
Hi
Recently purchased a 1986 Chris Craft Scorpion. I went for a test drive, and everything seemed good. I walked the deck, every square inch, and could not find a soft spot. This Spring I will break out the drill and find out if the stringers and/or transom are solid. If anyone has experience with this particular model year, I would be very interested.

Attachments

• chris craft1 (2).jpg
    chris craft1 (2).jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 0

outdoorplay

Recruit
I have a 1985 the first year the 25' came out, you can not find a better built boat. the Haul is just about 1" thick, She is heavy but will go through anything, I sent 5 years rebuilding mine. I will tell you this if you can replace the out drive do. its the week link of the boat, here is a link to my FB https://www.facebook.com/outdoorplay?fref=photo all the pic's of what I started with to the fish killer she is today are on there

HeadingUnknown

Recruit
Heading Unknown, 32' Chris Craft 328

We have recently purchased a 2000 328. Upgraded the electronics on it and so far we are loving it. Little quirks that are expected of a 16 year old boat. So, we installed new shower sump, fore and aft bilge pumps, Swim Platform, new bearings and u-joints, LED lighting throughout, repaired water pump drive bushing on Generator and took out the old tube type TV and replaced it with flat screen. We also installed a grill on the platform. Upgrading from carpet to Seagrass, installing high power stereo and buffing her next spring.

She runs sweet and the fuel consumption has not been more than expected. Sleeps 3 comfortably, HVAC will freeze your ass off.

I do wish more owners were on here and there were more recent additions. C'Craft is now building a cruiser again so maybe we will see more members. FullSizeRender.jpg C73F9447-0337-4CA1-B1EC-A568AA3AAF62.JPG IMG_0078.JPG