Starboard windshield replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onefst66

Recruit
Hello all,
New guy here and at a loss for trying to find what I am looking for. So any and all help is very appreciated.
Recently bought a very nice 1990 chris craft 197 bowrider 21'. Just little minor issues that have been fixed except one. The latch for holding walk through is gone and as a result while on the lake two weekends ago said window flies ahut and breaks the brace foot. Ok no big deal will order new one for 3 bucks. Well this weekend it happened again but unfortunately it shattered the starboard curved windshield. Anyone have a clue where I can find a new one? Been calling all over the country with no luck. Again thanks for any info and sorry for long winded story just wanted to get the whole picture out there.

tpenfield

Staff member
I assume that you have tried the boat salvage yards, etc. if you have not talked to Chirs-Craft, I'd give a call into their support line, or even the main number. Third option would be that Taylor Industires make a lot of the glass for boats - so they may be able to help. Either way, it will be a bit pricey - expect to pay in the $1,000's

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
What part of the country are you in. Lots of salvage yards out there but ,any do not advertise so we may be able to help if we know wherenyou are

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
welcome aboard.

the latches are easy to come by along with braces, etc as those are on the taylor made site. the piece of glass would have to be ordered thru chris craft if it still exists.

good luck.

Onefst66

Recruit
Thanks guys. I am in the middle of oregon not a lot of salvage yards for boats in the high desert. I will definitely try getting in touch with these places. Debating on just trying to make it out of lexan.

Status
Not open for further replies.